Chap:17 Succubus

I pace back and forth, deciding which plan I was going to use to escape this place. I hear the thunder crackling outside. I look through the closet to find a hooded trench coat. I grab it and throw it on.

      I step up onto the window pane. I look down to see the long drop. Rain starts to flow down my trench coat. I hug the wall and fit my feet in the cracks of the rocks. I grab on the trim and start to slowly make my way to the down spout. The rain starts to come down harder as I reach for it. I wrap my legs around the cicular down spout. I can hear the rush of water going through it.  I slide down it and my boots hit the muddy ground. I look up one last time to my open window. "Sorry Alex" I whisper to myself. I start to walk around the castle. I cover my face more with my hood. None of the guards seem worried about me. 

       I cross over the draw bridge and into the rest of the kingdom. The torches light up the coble walkway. There are not a lot of vampires out right now. I get outside the city limits and make a dash for the woods.

      Running through the lit up trees from the moonlight, I breathe in the forest air. Smells  like home, I think to myself. 

       I run until my lungs burn. If I walk all night, I should be in the succubi territory by morning. The cold starts to seep through my now wet clothes, and my breath starts to hich with the chattering of my teeth. I start to hear crunching of branches behind me. I don't look back to see what it is. Maybe if I keep quiet and moving, they will leave me alone. The deeper I get into the forest, the more louder the foot steps get. I then hear a deep growl behind me.

      I freeze in my tracks, out of fear. I slowly turn around to see two sets of eyes looking at me through the shadows. I take my knife out of my boot and hold it to my chest.

     "Who's there!" I yell out. I see two wolves come out from the darkness.

      They are Werewolfs sense they are bigger than normal ones. They are not as powerful from the other ones I have seen since they are smaller. They slowly start to walk towards me. They can't change right now since they are the weaker ones. The more powerful ones can change to their human forms in an instant, but the weak, smaller ones have more trouble.

      I back up as they start to close me in. I slash at them with my knife, which pisses them off more. I turn and start to run as fast as I can. A tall tree enters my vision, and I make a mad dash for it. I hit it hard. The rain makes it hard to stop with the mud.

      I grab onto the branches and pull myself up high into the tree. I hear them snarling at me from the ground. Thank god they can't climb in their wolf form. I let out a deep breath at the thought of this but suck it back in when I see a naked werewolf in his human form, starting to climb up. 

    "Oh shit." I say to myself, grabbing and pulling myself up as high as the tree could take me. He's going to be on top of me in a minute if I don't do something.

      I then think about what I learned about the vampires back in the resistant camp. If you get cut, any vampire can find you within seconds. 

      I take my knife and cut my hand. I put it into the air, hoping that Alexandria was already looking for me. I watch as the wolf climbing the tree grabs my foot, trying to pull me down. I scream as I try and tare my foot away from him.

      I hear the Wolf at the bottom of the tree cry out in pain, and a few seconds later, I feel the wolf other grabbing me let go, and he gets drug down the tree. What ever grabed him was really strong. I hold my knife, ready to fight.

      I watch as this figure climbs the tree with no effort. As they get up to me, I start to slash in the darkness until I feel a hand on my wrist that has the knife. "No, LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream. 

     "Emily, it's me!" I hear the voice say. I see Alexandria has my wrist is in her hand, and I let out a breath I was holding in. "Thank god. I thought you were here to kill me." I say with a shaky voice.