💔

KEHLANI ASTREA is an interesting young girl to say the least, though she had a big mouth on her her heart was even bigger.

when kehlani first started elementary school in philadelphia after living in new york for most of her life, she nearly burst into tears on the spot.at the time she was extremely quiet, a girl who only spoke when spoken to and even then she didn't say much. 

that was until she met cory matthews and shawn hunter two dimwitted boys who only had two things on their mind. 

baseball and seemingly annoying an 8 year old girl who wanted nothing to do with them.

at first when they tried to talk to kehlani all she muttered was a quick ' hi ' before speed walking away flustered. kehlani was 8 years old why would she want anything to do with boys? but still they persisted and bothered her till she finally gave in and sat with them at lunch. the girl didnt say much at first merely splitting her peanut butter sandwich into three equal parts and handing a slice to the boys.

a friendship that would last a lifetime was formed.

♡♡.

meanwhile at home kehlani's life wasn't all that great.

growing up kehlani was aware her parent's nor their relationship was perfect but she never knew the extent of their problems.

but at the ripe age of 10 everything came bubbling to the surface. her father would randomly leave the house and not come back for hours without saying a word, the girl being woken up at 2am by yells and screams of her mother and at times the sound of a slap would echo and it would scare kehlani but of course she never said anything.

ANASTASIA ASTREA was an irregular woman for sure, something always seemed to be bothering her and she was never truly satisfied with anything kehlani or her father did. whether it would be her grades or her interests the way she spoke, the way she walked. hell, she'd even have a problem if kehlani breathed to loud. it drove kehlani insane. her mother would constantly tell her " when i was your age i didn't have the privilege of having good grades or everything you have so be grateful and do your best. " but even when she did her best it was never good enough. 

WHEN kehlani was 7 years old.. 

her mother had choked her out with such force and strength she was lifted off the ground and nearly threw her across the room. she never forgot even though her mother did. every cruel and twisted thing her mother ever did was magically forgotten but still she never apologized. kehlani was scared to show emotion because of her, to be vulnerable, to be sad, to be any emotion where she didn't have a smile on her face and even when she did she was criticized for it.

MITCHELL WEEKES wasn't perfect either, he was a manipulative man but that didn't stop kehlani from loving her father dearly. mitchell would use his own daughter as a scapegoat for the relationship problems he experienced with his wife like how they had both cheated multiple times or guilt-tripping her whenever she said she didn't care who her mother was with as long as she was happy even when he made her keep an eye out for men around the house when she was only 11. at this time he had already moved out and was living an at least 30 minute drive from her mother's house. mitchell hated the fact that both of her bestfriends were boys but her mother didn't have a problem and whatever her mom says goes. 

KEHLANI and her parents weren't perfect in the slightest but she loved her parents no matter what happened.

things change of course, but will they?

SANAIYA SPEAKS ♡♡.

lordd have mercy this took all my creativity but anything for y'all and by y'all i mean my 25 followers 😇. love u guys tho.

i hope y'all are actually enjoying this so far but, don't forget to comment and vote if u are ♡.