5 || reverse?¿

" TURN AROUND DANCE HUH? THE GIRLS ASK THE GUYS. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME. "

" it's about time the girls had to worry and sweat and write out a list of topics to write about on there hands. " cory stated.

" oh cory, sweet sweet cory. " lani giggled.

" you do that? " shawn questioned.

" no never. " cory replied shoving his hands in his pockets.

" now all we have to do is sit back and wait. " cory said.

kehlani was staying quiet for a very specific reason. she just didn't wanna talk about dances.

" you really think the pressures off? dream on. " cory's older brother eric came.

" hi eric. " kehlani smiled.

" hi kehls. " he smiled back giving the shorter girl a hug. 

when his brother started walking away cory nervously pulled him back so he could explain his earlier statement better.

" look a turnaround dance tells you about where you stand and the kind of girl that asks you tells you who you are. " he explained.

" who would you be if no one asked you? " kehlani questioned.

" then you're cory. "

kehlani was trying to hold in her giggle so bad to not hurt her best friend's feelings.

" ok so what if a cool girl asks you? " cory asked his older brother,

" you just need to hang by lockers stay in her sight cause if she can't see you she can't ask you. " eric explained like it was common knowledge.

then quickly a girl by the name of jackelyn swept him up like it was nothing.

cory tried to be like eric but kind of looked like he was preying on the girls.

" cory please stop your embarrassing yourself and me. " kehlani sighed.

cory was basically shouting at shawn to get his head out the locker so a girl could ask him silently nudging the darkskin girl next to him when a girl with short blonde hair who she knew as becky came up to shawn and asked him to go to the dance accepting without a second thought.

kehlani expected it to happen but not so quickly she felt rejected even though she didn't ask like he didn't even consider her an option. cory looked at her sadly but she didn't show how sad she felt she just smiled though the pain. like she always did.

" lani bear are you ok? " cory whispered using that stupid ass nickname he had for her.

" im just fine cory bear. " she responded.

cory and shawn started discussing about how she was the 3rd coolest girl in their grade like that was all they cared about. kehlani was cool too and pretty and smart and funny and hell even sexy if she wanted to be! but shawn didn't even bat an eyelash at her.

breaking her out of her trance was cory being incredibly paranoid of the fact nobody had asked him to the dance. slugging a shoulder over the curly headed boy she soothed him by saying " don't worry cor nobody's asked me either. "