5.2 || me and the moon.

" YOU'RE NOT FUNNY AT ALL. "

" you've gotta admit i'm a little funny. "

kehlani burst out laughing they were walking home together making random recounts of the past few days and tonight.

he thought she looked so beautiful tonight but he especially noticed while they were walking back home, the streetlamps illuminating her face perfectly for him to see her hair wasn't as voluptuous as it was in the beginning of the night but it was still perfect. while walking home at one point he had draped his jacket over her and she looked even more beautiful that way.

she looked like she was his. she was the star to his night sky, the moon to his sun, in summary they were the best duo ever.

" rina. " shawn said randomly a nickname he had for the girl based off of her middle name carina and also short for ballerina because of her ability to dance.

" patrick. " she responded back using his middle name this time.

" you know if i had taken you to the dance you wouldn't have been all alone at any point. " he confessed shoving his hair back from out his face.

" well at one point i was gonna ask you but becky had already beaten me. " she confessed to the boy who looked at her with widened eyes.

" you could've just told me that you wanted to go with me and i would've dropped her on the spot. " he laughed.

" no shawn i don't mean this in a 'besties just having fun' kind of way i mean- " she said.

" oh i know what you mean and i still wish you had asked me. " shawn said looking over to his bestfriend.

kehlani took a seat on the sidewalk hoping her dress wouldn't get messed up, shawn following suite.

" the moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it. " shawn said staring at kehlani with a completely dreamy expression on his face.

" yeah it really is. " kehlani said oblivious looking back to the brunette boy who was looking at her lips.

she was starting to get nervous and when she's nervous she rambles.

" you know tonight's moon looks like a crescent that's why you think it's so beautiful even though it's beautiful every other way but- " kehlani's rambling was cut off by a pair of lips smashing against her own, she didn't kiss back at first still stunned by it but eventually melted into the kiss. sure they were inexperienced but it was the best kiss they had both ever had, it wasn't to rough it was just right.

the pair pulled away for breath looking at each other dazily.

" you ramble to much sometimes it's cute but had to shut you up somehow. " shawn had that stupid cocky smile on his face and kehlani's stomach was doing backflips, cartwheels even summersaults.

" so what does this mean? " kehlani asked quietly looking at shawn, she was really hoping this meant he liked her too or they were a couple even though she wasn't sure if she was ready for that commitment.

" i don't know. " the boy was unsure he wasn't ready for commitment yet but he did know kehlani was the one for him.

" what's that's supposed to mean shawn? " kehlani was confused now, how does he kiss her then be unsure of what he wants.