28 Inko

It's been about a week since Izuku came home and he seems to be settling in alright. The first day he was home, he peed the bed during his nap and he ended up sobbing, saying he was sorry. I told him it was okay, he didn't need to be sorry, accidents happen. We ended up putting the mattress protector back on the bed just in case, and it turns out we needed it. He's had a couple accidents since and it's making me worry. He was really good about going to the bathroom when he needed to before. I know a lot has changed, I have no idea what all happened while he was gone but obviously a lot. Throughout the week he seems to be getting better with the bathroom thing, which is good, and he's been eating a little bit more each day. I ought to take him shopping soon. He doesn't have clothes or shoes that fit him, he needs a haircut, and he's grown, he probably going to want to change up his room. I don't really think All Might is his thing anymore, although that's up to him. If he wants to keep it how it is, that's fine. I should probably also get him a phone, seeing as he's fifteen now

"M-Momma, Iz-Izuku's calling f-for you."

"Thank you Izumi." I walked down the hall and stopped outside Izuku's room. "Are you alright hun? Your sister said you needed me."

"I need to go- I gotta go to the bath-bathroom, c-can you h-help me please. I'm st-still st-struggling with the cr-crutches."

"Of course sweetheart." I Helped him stand up from his office chair, which he's pretty much been using as a wheelchair, and led him to the bathroom. "I'll wait outside the door, okay? Let me know if you need help with anything."

"Ok, Momma. Thank you."

I stood quietly outside the bathroom waiting. I heard a loud thump come from inside, and before I could ask if he was alright, he called out to me.

"Mo-Momma,"

"I'm coming baby." I opened the door to see him on the floor, crying. "Oh, baby, what happened? Are you alright?" I gently helped him off the floor.

"I-I was try-trying to wash my h-hands- to wash my hands but I tri-tripped on the car-carpet," He explained through sobs.

"You're alright, what hurts?"

"M-my b-back. I l-landed on my b-back."

"Can I take a look?" He nodded and wiped his eyes. I sat him on the toilet seat and listed the back of his shirt to look at his back. I gasped at what I saw. 'USELESS' carved across my baby's back. My poor sweet baby. "None of the stitches broke, that's good, it's just a bit red."

"C-can I-I t-ta-take a b-bath?"

"Of course, sweetheart. Let me set it up for you, okay?" He nodded and I dropped his shirt, standing up to turn on the water. I adjusted it until it was warm and let it fill.

When it was full, I turned off the water. "Do you want bath salts or anything?"

"N-no than- no thank you, Momma. I-it would prob-probably hurt my b-back."

"Oh you're right, that was a silly suggestion. Do you want me to help you in?" He nodded and I helped him take his clothes off so he could get in. "I'll let you be, call me if you need me, okay?"

"Okay, Momma. I love you."

"I love you too, Izuku."

I left the bathroom so he could take his bath in privacy. I walked out to the living room to see Izumi sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Izumi, what do you want to eat?"

"C-can you m-make me a-a s-sand-dwitch p-please."

"Alright." I walked to the kitchen and grabbed the bread, a knife, and the peanut butter. I spread the peanut butter on the bread and put it together. I set the sandwich on a plate and walked out to the living room to hand it to my daughter.