Nineteen - Roxy

Have a good day, Roxanne.

Those words stayed with me all day. Even when we went to the main lodge and did activities with Hunter and Andie's families during the day, those words were with me. When night fell, we went back to the bridal party lodge, just as snow started to fall in sheets, and those words were with me. We cranked up the downstairs fireplace and the booze came back out. At this rate, we'd all be alcoholics by the end of the week.

"Hey, let's play truth or dare!" Andie said, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Um, no." Darrin stated.

"Oh, come on, Dare. Don't be a party pooper." Andie whined.

I snorted at that, which earned me a glare from Darrin, before he told Andie, "Rox and I are the only two single people here, so who do you think will be singled out to do shit together that we can't take back? Nope. Not playing."

My eyes widened. Do shit we couldn't take back? Like what? My mind ran away with thoughts. I remembered playing Truth or Dare as a teen. Andie's favorite dare for me was to have me kiss my crush, but since the only single male present was Darrin...ah, I got his point. Although, it'd be an "innocent" way for me to have my way with someone I'd not normally get the chance. Whoa, what? Where had that thought come from?

"Ugh fine. What other juvenile game can we play? Oh, I know! How about Never have I Ever?"

Darrin shrugged, "Fine. Whatever."

"Yay! Never have I ever...kissed my sibling's best friend." Andie said and stared at me for a minute. What, wait? Why was she looking at me? I'd never kissed Darrin. Finally, she laughed, "Oh, silly me!" Then she took a big gulp of her mixed drink because, of course she'd kissed her sibling's best friend. She was about ready to marry him.

I narrowed my eyes at my best friend. Andie wasn't an airhead, yet that's exactly how she was acting. Had she been testing me? Did she really think I'd kiss Darrin and not tell her? I glared at her and she rolled her eyes at me. Oh no she didn't. I stood, "Andie, may I see you in the kitchen, please?"

"But the game—"

"Now!" I snapped and didn't wait. As soon as Andie joined me, I demanded, "What is going on? Did you think I've kissed Darrin?"

"I just thought I'd check. You two haven't been at each other's throats as much today, so I wondered if something happened?"

I sighed, "I've barely spoken to your brother today."

"Exactly! Usually, you two can't wait to fight, but today you've barely spoken ten words to each other. Something is up with that."

"Look if anything significant ever happens, you'll be the first to know, but don't hold your breath and stop testing me. If you want to know something, just ask me."

"Deal." She said, we hugged, and then rejoined the group.

"Everything alright?" Hunter asked, as Andie snuggled up next to him.

"Peachy." I said, dryly, as Darrin's whispered words came back to me yet again. Have a good day, Roxanne. Why? Why had he said those words after I'd left the room, when he thought I couldn't hear him? What was the point? He'd sounded almost sad when he'd said them. Was he as sick and tired of our fighting as I was?

"I guess I'll go next if we're going in a circle. Never have I ever bungee jumped." Justin stated. Darrin was the only one to drink to that. Of course, he'd bungee jumped. Was he an adrenaline junkie? Why did it turn me on so much that he was brave enough to do something I would never do?