TwentyTwo - Darrin

Roxy was sad and I hated it. I could take her screaming at me or cursing my name, but I despised seeing her sad. She was this spunky, badass. She wasn't supposed to get sad, and I was pissed at myself, because I knew it was my fault.

She and I got paired up for Charades, of course, and we sucked at it. I didn't give a fuck about playing the game and Roxy's heart wasn't in it. Andie and Hunter mopped the floor with the rest of us. Despite what Andie had said, none of us drank during Charades. It wasn't even noon yet. We had some self-control, but the longer I was around Roxy the more I desperately needed a drink.

Thankfully, my little sister was on the same page...sort of. She suddenly clapped her hands in excitement, "Oh, I have the best idea! Let's dress up as each other and imitate each other. I'll imitate Hunter and he'll imitate me. Sophie can imitate Justin and vice versa. Sorry, Dare and Rox, but you two are stuck with each other again. Let's do this! Oh, and I think it's time for a drink too!"

I went straight for the liquor cabinet. I was letting Andie have her way this week. It was her wedding, after all, but all these fucking games was grating on my nerves. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but I was constantly paired up with Roxy and after kissing her, I didn't need this shit. I poured me a stiff drink and noticed everyone had scattered. I went up to my room and found Roxy staring at my suitcase. She glanced up and winced, "This is a terrible idea."

I nodded and held up my drink in a 'cheers' motion, "Sure is."

She grinned, "I may need to make me one of those."

I handed her mine and smirked when she made a face after taking a drink, but she took another sip all the same. I shrugged, "You can go through my suitcase. I don't have anything to hide."

She nodded and handed my drink back, before saying, "You can go through mine too."

"I won't find a dildo in there?" I asked, to rile her. Instead, she blushed prettily, and I wanted to kiss her so fucking bad.

I went to her suitcase. What the fuck was I supposed to do? None of her clothes would fit me. Finally, I settled on wearing Roxy's scarf, bracelets, and a sunhat that I knew would make her look adorable, but it made me look ridiculous. I turned and burst out laughing. Roxy wore my shirt and a pair of my jeans. They were huge on her. She grinned at me and then struck a pose and I realized I stood like that sometimes. Had she seriously paid attention to the way I move? That was interesting and a bit exciting.

"Come on, everyone! I'm ready! Hurry up!" Andie hollered from somewhere in the cabin.

Roxy came over to me, reached for my glass again and took a heathy gulp, before nodding, "Alright, let's do this."

The game was a nightmare. Everyone looked ridiculous and then it was my turn. I looked at Roxy, whose cheeks were a little rosy after the almost straight whiskey she'd drank from my glass. I needed to stop looking at her, I decided and then I attempted a crappy imitation of Roxy, in a falsetto, "Hi, I'm Roxy and I strut around all day with a seductive sway to my hips, but never follow through."

"Are you calling me a cock tease?" Roxy asked and my eyes snapped to hers. She was pissed. So much so, that she got up and pushed me aside. In a fake, deep voice, she said, "Hi, I'm Darrin, but I call myself Dare because I'm lame. I sleep with anything that moves, but only once and never go back for seconds because I have a lot of insecurities that I'm too scared to address. So, I never let anyone get close enough to me to grow feelings, because I'm scared of feelings."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Don't be a bitch."

"Don't be an asshole!" She countered and tried to walk away, but I grabbed her by my oversized shirt and pulled her back. I looked down at her and said, "I think I assessed the situation wrong. What I should have said was, Hi I'm Roxy and I don't know that I'm sexy and leave broken hearts in my wake."

Her eyes widened and she glanced around at our friends, nervously. She wet her lips and stammered, "Um, I..."

I let her off the hook. I released my hold on the shirt and turned to our friends, "Well, this was fun. Can we get drunk now?" I didn't wait for an answer. I headed for more alcohol.

"And then let's play cards." Andie suggested.

"I'm down for some poker." Justin supplied.

Hunter added, "Strip poker."

"Is there any other kind?" Justin laughed.

I hollered back, "Fine, but I'm sitting next to Andie. No way do I need my sister in my line of sight during a game of fucking strip poker."

"Can we take off the ridiculous garb now?" Sophie added.

"Yep, take it off, Sweetness. That'll be less you'll have to remove during poker." Justin said and then I could hear them giggling, as I made me another stiff drink. All this couple bullshit was annoying as fuck.

"Make me one?" Roxy was suddenly at my side. I looked down at her and wished I knew what she was thinking. She looked so serious. I was too chicken-shit to ask though, so I simply made a drink a little bit weaker than mine, handed it to her, and moved out of the way as everyone else came to make their own drinks.

An hour later, Roxy was down to a matching bra and panty set that was a sexy mixture of silk and lace. I couldn't take my eyes off her and I finally stopped pretending. Everyone else was in various stages of undress, but they could have disappeared, and I wouldn't notice. I wasn't sure how I wasn't naked already, with how distracted I was I couldn't play poker with shit. We laid our hands down and Roxy lost again. She bit her lip and reached behind her, intent on removing her bra. I couldn't have that. I didn't want any of these fuckers seeing Roxy's naked breasts. Those were for me and me alone, I decided.

So, I held up my hands and practically shouted, "Stop!"

Everyone looked at me, with mixtures of amusement and surprise at my outburst. "What's wrong, Big Brother?" Andie taunted.

"I think it's time we turn in for the night."

Sophie yawned, "I am tired."

Andie shrugged, "Sure, we have a busy day tomorrow as soon as the snow starts to melt, like they're predicting it will. We have rehearsal as soon as we can get out of here."

"Sounds good. Goodnight." I said, grabbed my clothes and hightailed it upstairs. What the fuck was wrong with me? I didn't know, but one thing I did know, I didn't know how much longer I'd be able to keep my hands off Roxanne Blankley and I was starting to forget the reasons that we would be a bad idea.