Chapter 2

"Nife I'm going out but I'll be back latest by maybe 4pm so make sure you lock the doors and don't open for anyone okay" "Yes ma"

My dad had gone to pick Ire and Ayomi because of my upcoming graduation; June 23rd and he won't be back till tomorrow so she's just worrying about me being home alone.

"Actually I'm even leaving for Florence house soon" "oh ok that's nice atleast you won't be the only one at home  anyways bye" she left so I locked the door and went back to take a shower wore the first top I could find with shorts then took a cab to Florence house making sure to lock the door behind me.

When I got there I didn't even finish knocking before she swung the door open and hugged me tightly "don't break my spinal chord now we still saw each other yesterday morning!"

"Even though I missed my room mate" "I missed you too but can we please enter" we both started laughing and then went inside to chat.

"Did you hear from Korede?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows an art I'm yet to learn "nope he didn't even text to ask if I got home safely" "He could be busy maybe he'll ask today"

"I doubt it he obviously only sees me as a friend, what about you have you heard from Wakeel"
She started smiling hard before nodding "awww you guys are so cute I can feel the love in the air" I said dramatically.

She just rolled her eyes "it doesn't mean anything" "sure as hell it does and I'll prove it"  I said pulling a piece of paper and a pen from their center table.

Then I wrote
FLORENCE    WAKEEL
F appeared once,L twice and so on so I wrote out the numbers
1 2 1 1 4 1 1 1 1 1
Then I added the number to the parallel edges and wrote out the answers
2 3 2 2 5
Then I added again
7 5 2
And again
95%
"You see you guys match by 95%" I stated proud of my s of and I wandered if she was going to burst from holding her smile but she rolled her eyes again when she saw that I was looking at her then snatched the paper and pen from me then used the back of the paper for FLAMES between Korede and I.

If u don't know how it works I'll explain,so
F= Friends
L= Lovers
A= Admirers
M= Marriage
E= Enemies
S= Secret Lovers

So you cancel all the letters in the boys name that's in the girls name and then count the left over letters and count that number over flames and anyone it lands on is what you are so ...

NIFE   KOREDE
E cancels E so 8 letters left and I landed on Lovers so she proudly showed me but I just laughed it off

"So how far with Zainab" Florence asked "The only thing she hasn't done is change from Muslim to christian so I can know, yes! She has photocopied me" "haba give the girl a chance at friendship na"

"Florence she can't be my friend, she wants to ruin me. Or have you forgotten all the lies, she said she saw Korede and I kissing behind the school, this never happened and yet we still got punished for it. Then she started spreading rumors that Aishat and I are lesbians. Then she accused me of stealing her body spray! If I start listing all that girls sins for you ehn hmm it will shock you"

"I know but still it's in the past and the girl is lonely" "The girl is a virus" "Ah okay I reserve my comments"

"Better oh so what do you plan to do during the break" "I don't even know exactly but for sure sleep, eat, watch movies and go to parties are part of my list"

"See how you said 'go to parties' so confidently like our parents would let us" "I know but still it's good to dream big"

"You're wild" "Whatever am I the only one that's hungry" "nope" "let's go get food" "ok" she replied as we went out to look for a nearby restaurant before I finally went back home.

When I got home, I sat on the couch and pulled out my phone and I almost screamed when I saw a message from Korede.

Korede:How far

Me: Alfa dey for mosque

Korede: You are not serious

Me: Ofcourse na my name is Nifè not serious

Korede:haba can you be seriouse for once😂

Me: Ok fine I'm serious for now but I'll be Nifè soon

Korede: You are one of a kind. So I was wandering if you and Florence to Dominoes next tomorrow, Wakeel will be there.

Me: Do you mean like a double date?

He didn't respond for a while but just as I was about drop my phone it pinged

Korede: It depends on what you want it to be

Me: Ok we'll be there. What time?

Korede: 10:00pm

Me: You could have Kuma said 12:00pm so I can know you are truly mad

Korede: I'm playing now, 2:00pm

Me: Okay fine, I have to go now bye

Korede: Bye

I checked for other messages and I saw one from Zainab, "What does she want now?" I thought out loud

Zainab: Hi Nifè it's Zainab

Me: How did you get my number?

Zainab: I saw it in a book.

Me: Which I'm guessing was mine how did my book get to you?

Zainab: I'm sorry

Me: Okay what do you want?

Zainab: I was wandering if we could have a sleepover some time

Me: Haba Zainab you live in illorin and me in Abuja it can't happen.

Zainab: You don't have to do any of the traveling I'll come there myself

Me: For goodness sakes that's like a 9 hour drive it won't be reasonable

Zainab: You don't want me to come do you?

Me: It's not like I don't want you to come it's just I don't want to stress you well see each other soon on graduation day

Zainab: Okay if you say so

Me: Okay well I have to go now bye

Zainab: I can see how much you hate me,you don't even want to talk to me

Me: It's not like that I'm just busy

Zainab: It's okay I'll just be here...all alone...bored...lonely

Me: Good bye Zainab

That girl creeps me out. Just then I heard a knock on the door I checked through the peephole to ensure it was my mom and when I saw that it was I opened the door.

After she got settled in side she asked "I hope you don't have any homework to do?" Like any school would give their students homework after WAEC fa

"No now mommy" "Ok o" I went to the living room and switched to zee world untill it was late and I turned the TV off to go and sleep.