the summer i turned pretty| three

Belly

I woke up at 6:15 so I had enough time to get ready for school which starts at 7:15.

I called jere around 6:30 checking in on him after the long night. He wasn't doing too well.

"Belly i made breakfast" i heard my mom call from downstairs, i smiled to myself.

"be down in a few" i called back.

I got dressed into some of my new clothes i got earlier this month, and brushed out my hair which I had curled already.

I ate my moms breakfast and scrolled on Instagram for a few minutes before grabbing my backpack as I waited for jere to pick me up.

Eventually i saw his keep pull up
"bye mom love you" i called before going out the door.

As I got in his car i realized it wasn't jere driving.

"what are you doing" i asked with the door open not yet have gotten in.

"jere has to miss homeroom he's got a bad hangover" Conrad said
I just stared at him

"belly just get in the car it's not like I want to take you anymore the you want me to" I rolled my eyes as I stepped in the car. What happened to the nice Conrad from last night?

He sighed as he started driving.

it was a silent drive as I scrolled on my phone annoyed with the boy who sat next to me.

We suddenly came to a stop.
"wait can you get out real quick" Conrad asked.

"what?" I asked confused.

"I saw something on the side of the car can you get out and check real quick?" He asked

Lost in the moment I got out thinking to check something

Next thing I knew Conrad had drove away.
fuck.

I scoffed as I got my earphones out of the bottom pocket.

The school was just down the road but wow how could someone be so ignorant.

I walked the rest of the way to school barely making it on time

I got my schedule from the office and headed to my homeroom.... The farthest building from the office.

I'm sad that I don't know jeres schedule, hopefully we have a class together before lunch or we pass by each other in the hallway sometime so we can compare schedules.

Fifteen minutes into first hour JERE CAME IN!

"belly!" He yelled in excitement as he saw causing the whole class to look at me.

"mr fisher, take a seat" the teacher said in annoyance.

He took the last empty seat which was in the very front, not really close to me.

We had finally made it lunch. Me and jere compared schedules and have 1st, 2nd and 7th hour together.

"So how was the new English teacher, what was his name again Mr-"

"Johnson, yea he was fine, a typical male English teacher." I explained as he nodded.

"hey guys" Taylor and Cameron said sitting by us. Some of our other friends.
"hey" I smiled

We talked for a bit as we are our lunch.
"hey guys I'm having a party tonight at my house, hope to see you there" Nicole said as she stopped by our table.

I nodded smiling. "We gonna go?" Taylor asked

"I'm down" jere nodded

Guess I'm going to another party tonight.
"I'm not doing driving!" I called.
"not it!" Jere called
"I'll drive" cam smiled

The rest of the school day was pretty boring we just introduced ourselves in all of the classes, the first week of school is always the worse.

In like the last five minutes of eighth hour jere texted me saying that he was taking me home. Like yes no shit.

After school ended I was the first one to the car so I just sat in the front passenger seat on my phone until the boys got here.

Of course, Conrad got their first. He sat in the driver seat.

I got out of the car and moved to the back seat. I wasn't gonna sit next to him, i still don't forgive him for this morning

He rolled his eyes.
"roll your eyes all you want maybe you'll find the thing that you saw on your car this morning" i snapped.

He looked at me through the rear view mirror. His beautiful blue eyes meeting mine. People don't lie when they say the devil is beautiful

"no reason to be such a baby about everything" he said as if I were stupid.

"oh I'm being a baby?!" I said in disbelief. "yea. you are it was a two minute walk and your acting like I left you in an alleyway a mile away or something" he said almost raising his voice.

I looked at him through the rear view as we made eye contact for a few seconds.

I got out of the car and waited til jere got there.
what a bitch. I'm the baby? Oh yea I'm not the one who holds too much pride to be seen with a sophomore.

Jere eventually arrived. He could sense the tension but didn't mention it. they dropped me at home and me and here made plans for later.

Once I got home I just went on my phone for a few minutes before starting to look for an outfit to wear tonight

Thanks for reading this part I didn't proofread so sorry for any mistakes