the summer i turned pretty| eight

Conrad
My stomach dropped
"get out of here jelly"

The minute I saw her face i knew it has been a bad idea to open the door, i was so sure i would be happy if she saw us.

but seeing her upset that look on her face made me feel the exact opposite of happy.

"she's such a creep" Gigi said disgust laced in her voice.

I just looked at her still trying to process "it's getting late, maybe you should go" I said standing up off the bed.

"What? Conrad!" She said getting annoyed
I just walked into my bathroom and shut the door hoping that would be enough to get her to leave.

I turned on the shower and got in. Why am I so sensitive all the sudden?

Why did Belly having a boyfriend bother me enough to try and do this?

I tried to go to bed without thinking about it.
This feeling feels foreign like I've never had a crush in my life

But I have, I've had many crushes and even been in relationships. Why does this one feel different?

the next day...

I got up having made my decision. I will apologize to belly for what she saw and maybe that will hint to her something? I don't even know what I'm trying to hint.

"Jere you ready?" I called out from the bottom of the stairs.

He came running down a few seconds later.

As we pulled into the school parking lot not having picked up belly, I realized I would need to find another time to talk to her.

We pulled into my parking spot being met with the worst possible scenario.

The most clear windows I have ever seen and there belly making out with that ugly ass boy. I didn't even realize my hands were gripping the steering wheel until jere said something

"I know she's like a little sister to you but you have to let her experience life on her own"
I just glared at him.

I'm not in the mood for his inspirational shit. She knew what she's doing. She knows where we park.
If that's how she wants play I am all for it.

Belly

I had reached lunch after a long morning and knew there was a chance I would pass him in the hall.
Him being Conrad

Call me crazy that I have his path memorized. This was my daily moment where he got a good glimpse of me.

A part of me was scared though. What if what he saw this morning made him think of me differently- in a bad way.

Like clockwork I walked through the hallway where we see each other.

As usual conrad was there.
my heart dropped as I saw a girl up against him as they shared a kiss.

They pulled away for a breath right as walked passed- me and Conrad's eyes met for a solid 3 seconds.
which felt like eternity
Something in his eyes looked different. His usual blue eyes seemed dark and almost aggressive.

I felt his eyes follow me as I walked passed them secretly closing my eyes so I wouldn't have to look at them.

Oh he definitely saw us this morning.

I don't know what to think- I mean maybe he's just jealous or maybe he never even liked me at all and I'm delusional.

the school day went by tortuously slow as I thought about my actions.

I asked Cory for a ride home in fear of facing Conrad
Everything about him intimidated me- and the way he looked at me in the hallway didn't help the cause at all.

I stood outside Cory's car waiting for him- he had to go grab something from the locker room which was across campus.

Jere got to Conrad's car and saw me standing there.
"belly?! where's ur boy at!" He said in a unnervingly excited tone.

I giggled, "Jere!!" I said matching his tone "he's just grabbing something from the locker room" i explained.

He shook his head smiling. "It hard to see our girl finally have a boyfriend"

"you sound like a dad" I looked at him sarcastically.

He laughed as Conrad walked up behind him.
I couldn't control as my smile faded and cheeks heated.

Conrad held eye contact with me as he grabbed jeres shoulder gently signaling they were leaving.

"bye belly" jere winked as he patted me in the shoulder.

I fake smiled still dealing Conrad's gaze on mine.

I looked back at him as he just nodded over behind me.

I turned around to see Cory walking up to the car.

"Hey belly" he smiled
I smiled turning around to see Conrad's face but he had already gotten in his car before Cory got to me.
It's probably better.

"Cory! Hey" i smiled as I got in the car.
The drive home was peaceful we just had small talk.

I got home and just layed down thinking about how today played out.

I got a text from jere
J- "Tiffany's having a birthday rager tmr we going?"

B- "idk jere last time i went to a party it didn't go too well"

J- "Lol, you'll be fine jsut don't get wasted and kiss random boys this time;)"

I laughed to myself
B- "what time tmr?"

J- "What you got something better to do😏"

B- "No plans but Tiffany's birthday rager!"

Hey guys I finally updated what do we think?! 🍆🍆🍆🍆