the summer i turned pretty| nine

Belly
I surprisingly woke up to my first alarm the next morning.
I just spent extra time getting ready, and if I'm being honest- it kinda shows.

I texted jere to see if he wanted to get a drink before school since i was done getting ready and still had about 30 minutes til i had to leave.

He texted back- "omw!"

"Bye mom love you!"
I shouted as I closed the door behind me.

I got into jeres jeep
"lookin good bells" he smiled at me
Did the makeup on my face make that much of a difference?

"thanks" i smiled

We just talked about drama and stuff til we got to Starbucks.

After the longest line ever we finally got our drinks and sped to school with 10 minutes til the bell rang.

"wow we still have 4 minutes!" jere exclaimed as we pulled into his parking space

"How much time do we have til the party after school ends?" I ask

He thought for a second "I think about 2-2.5 hours"

I nodded, "I'm probably gonna get ready at home then can I come over?" I asked

"of course but what about Cory?" He asked confused

Shit Cory! I forgot about him.
"oh uh I haven't rly talked to him about the party yet but I don't know if he is even coming" I said quickly thinking of something.

Jere nodded.

We finished up our conversation and headed to class together.

The first half of the day was pretty mid.

I passed Conrad in the hall. He looked at me.

Is it bad that I find that exciting? I'm still not happy and kinda freaked out about yesterdays showdown of passing each other.

The rest of the day was fine. I talked to Cory and he had already planned on going to the party.

He said his ex had started to come back around.
I'm kinda losing hope that Conrad will ever see me as more then annoying.

If it's working for Cory why won't it work for me?

after school

B- "I'm almost ready then I'll be over"

J- "Don't come over until you look hot🤞🏻"

B- "ur so funny😩 I'll make sure I look extra ugly"
I smiled as I pressed send laughing at my own joke

J- "ok bells🫠 text when ur on ur way"

B- "alr"

I looked in the mirror observing my outfit. Was it too much?
I was wearing a cute striped tube top with Jean shorts.
It's basic just kinda out of the comfort zone.

I sighed accepting the outfit as I sprayed some perfume on me, ha as if that's gonna last 5 minutes

B- "omw"

J- "k just come up to my room when ur here"

I drove over there- I wasn't the DD tonight so I am probably just gonna have to get it tomorrow.

I opened the door to his house and walked in.
"hey Susannah!" I smiled waving at her

"hey honey!! You look so cute" she observed my outfit with a smile.

"thank you" my cheeks turned a light shade of red.
Stop it belly you look fine.

I walked through the kitchen and up the stairs making my way to jeres.

"Jere no she's gonna get shitfaced and embarrass herself again" I over hear Conrad as I walk up to jeres room.

"I'll keep an eye on her. she's not a child she can take care of herself." Jere sounded annoyed.

"hey guys" I smiled awkwardly as I stood behind Conrad as he was blocking the doorway.

He turned around looking down at me. Why didn't he look happy to see me?

"Belly promise me you won't get shitfaced tonight" jere said looking at me.

I was taken back.
"I'm sorry you guys were talking about me? Conrad since when do you care how much I drink. I have never even gotten shitfaced so the fact that you would assume that-" I argued unhappy of these assumptions

I was interrupted by Conrad laughing.
Looking me into the face and just chuckling.

He walked back to his room before I could continue. 

I stood there speechless, and I think jere could tell I was kinda hurt

"Just ignore him bells he's a dickhead" he said reassuringly

He laughed in my face. Literally laughed. I had and have no chance in the world with him.

"I like you outfit" jere smiled.

"thanks" I smiled.

"Wanna take a pregame shot with me before our ride get's here" jere proposed

I smiled nodding.
This is going to be a hell of a long night.

Sorry for the short part. I will try to update sooner:)

How are we liking the new episodes?