Eleven: Sam

Eyes were glued to us as I carried the rogue out. Her breathing was heavy and it caught the attention of many people.

There was tension in the hallway and so many people murmured about her. They said things like "I've never seen a rogue before", and "is she dead?"

She wasn't dead, which was a plus I guess. I didn't know why Dean gave her such leniency. She was just like the others. She's evil and if Dean turns his back he'll end up just like her former alpha.

I walked down the stairs and out the main corridor. I showed the office the pass Dean had given me so that we could leave early.

The living areas were only about two miles from the school. Once we were far enough, I transferred her onto my back and began to run. It's not what I had in mind but it was the quickest. I can run a mile in six and half minutes so in no time we were at the homes.

Dean's family had owned an old set of townhouses. Each one of the families that were apart of his pack, including mine, lived in one of those houses. Each one had a kitchen, two bathrooms, two floors and at least four bedrooms. It was like one of those hotels you stayed at if you were staying at some place for more than a week.

The rogue was still knocked out on my back and she only twitched. With her condition it looked like she wasn't waking up anytime soon. I wasn't feeling any pain coming off her body so I guess that was a good sign.

I pulled the slip out of my pocket. "Section A House 2200." Nice choice, Dean. Nice choice. She was only three houses away from me and right next to his.

Sometimes I wondered about Dean. He could be stupid sometimes and I won't be there every time-

She adjusted herself behind me. It was a bit uncomfortable now. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed closer. Her breasts flattened against my back.

Jesus Christ.

Quickly, I took out the key and jammed it into the knob. It swung open and an empty corridor was right before us. I stepped into the hall and took off my shoes. I didn't want to leave any dirt in this new house.

I swapped the way I was holding her and held her bridal style.

I made my way through the small townhouse.  There were two floor. The first floor had a small kitchen, a dining room, living room, patio and one bedroom and half a bathroom. The bedroom on the first floor was empty so I figured that wasn't hers.

I decided to go up the stairs.

The entire hall was carpeted. There were three bedrooms up here, another bathroom and a closet. It was small closet meant for maybe a vacuum and some coats. It seemed menial but every house had one. The room right near the foot of the stairs looked like it could be hers. There was one big black suitcase, a twin bed, two dressers, another closet and a pair of beaten blue converse with spectrum colored laces. Who else but this idiot?

I pushed open the door some more and carried her. I placed her on the bed gently so that she wouldn't wake up. She was right on top of the colorless covers in her sweaty gym clothes.

Once that was done I dumped myself in the recliner that was conveniently placed in the room. I crossed one leg over the other and folded my hands over my lap. I studied the girl some more. She was pale as a ghost. Her hair was so brown it was practically black. She had gold necklace around her neck and... ugly skin peeking out from the collar of her shirt. It looked like it began from the front of her shoulder and just travelled up. I shouldn't have intruded but now the curiosity was killing me. Why hadn't I noticed it before?

I decided to get and take a look. I peered over the best I could without hovering too much, then I pulled the shirt a bit to the side.

I could see it. Over her heart was a nasty scar or rather "brand" from her previous pack. And the minute I saw I knew right away.

The ancient Greek symbol of chaos. It was burned repeatedly on her skin. As the new skin healed more was burned off not giving her body a chance to properly react.

There were also three parallel scratches on her inner wrist that seem to be healing properly.

I pulled my hand back and stood over her.

A stupid rogue that made a stupid decision.

As I pulled away Chris shot up from the bed and her head smacked into my chin making me bite my tongue. I tasted the blood in my mouth.