Chapter Nine: Favourite Place/ First Date

She busied herself in front of the mirror, applying light makeup. Throwing a deaf ear to Mabel's pleas to let her help with the makeup as hers was difficult to notice.

"This is your first date after centuries!" she exaggerated "you are going to blow it up if you don't fix the makeup well".

"I don't care" Dami shrugged "you know i never really wanted it on in the first place if not for your bickering. Nothing, beats a natural look".

"Oh please!. You should be thankful you have a friend like me that tells you the best thing to do" she puffed.

She left the dressing table and went to the standing closet just adjacent, taking out a blue jeans and small black turtle neck top with denim jacket.

Mabel shook her head sideways in disapproval taking them from her hands and dumping them on the bed. She flipped again and again, looking through the closet as if searching for a particular outfit.

"Don't tell me you don't have gowns!" she gasped "I don't see any fitted. No ball gowns?. what are you, a tomboy?"

"You make it seem like I committed a grave sin"

"Yes!" She said emphatically "which female or lady does not have a gown in their closet?".

"Well, you didn't look clearly" she said with arms akimbo. "I do have gowns. They are just not all over the place".

"Just two that looks faded. That's equal to none at all and besides not the outfit for your date".

"You don't have to worry" She took the outfit which Mabel flung on the bed "This would be just perfect".

Dami's ringtone came sounding again for the fifth time.

"You have to pick that up" Mabel stated "or I'll do it for you".

"Don't you dare!" She warned. "This is all your fault".

"Are you blaming me for this as well" she asked.

"I have you to thank".

"What were you expecting from me. He asked if you both were continuing your relationship" Mabel said "I got excited and told him it was a real date this time".

Dami sighed. This was why she was not letting her know the real reason for going on the date. It was good to let Mabel believe that she was willing to give this a trial, since mr Ericson was insistent.

"Look he's calling me!" Mabel gasped as she flew her hands to cover her mouth, a little over dramatized. She showed the screen to Dami's face as her phone continually buzzed on her palm.

"What should i do?" She widened her eyeballs in surprise.

"Don't answer it" Dami answered, though she knew Mabel would. Her expressions showed the beginning of her mischief.

"Hello mr Luka!" She already brought the phone to her ears, smiling like the cat that got the cream. She proceeded to put the phone on loud speaker.

"Is Dami there with you?" His voice boomed at the other end.

Mabel wiggled her eyebrows as if asking for permission on how to give a reply.

"No, no" Dami mouthed even though she knew Mabel would do what she wanted.

"Yes. She is" she smirked, knowing she was going to enjoy the little drama soon to start.

"Please put her on the phone" he sounded impatient.

"She can hear you" she almost laughed, earning her a glare from Dami.

"Dami please" Luka pleaded. "Stop whatever it is you are trying to build with that madman. I thought you had ended things with him".

Marry Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें