The Murder Machine

Earth -44
Gotham City

Month ago...

"DUNNO ABOUT YOU JEEVES," Mutated human with alligator skin told the weakened old gentleman under his fist, "BUTI CAN DO THIS ALL NIGHT!"

"Nuh-uh, Wally Gator" female jester with ponytails said.

"Save some for the rest of us."

"Enough of this," twofaced man said observing the situation and flipping a coin. "Now tell us where Batman is before we get really rough."

"Uhh.. Batman? What pray tell ahh... is a Batman?" the old man said feigning to ignorance as large muscled man with tubes going from his hand to the cannister in his back lifted him up. "Perhaps there is another way I can be of service."

KRRRAKKKK!

The old gentleman was brought down with his back hitting his assailant's knee as the laughter of the jester echoed in the footage he was watching from the screen of the large computer in his cave.

"Play again."

"Bruce," they told him, "this has to stop."

"Clark is right, Bruce," his friends told him. "We're
concerned."

"Watching this over and over again," Clark told, "it's not healthy."

"I tell you what's not healthy, Clark," he said turning to face his friends. "It's not healthy to stand here knowing that the man who raised me like a father is in a casket upstairs with 36 shattered bones. That we couldn't have an open casket because he was beaten to a pulp six feet from where you're standing now."

He took a deep breath before continuing with his eyes on the ground.

"My whole life, he has been there for me. No matter what I had done, no matter how angry I had made him. I would ring, and he would come. It's not healthy to know that he won't be anymore and that it's my fault."

"But now you have the responsibility to honor him by putting him to rest," Clark said as Diana, Wolf, Steve and Oliver turned to walk away. "Bruce, what happened to Alfred was horrible. The rest of us are going to be upstairs at the wake. I hope you'll join us."

Almost everyone had left him alone in the cave when he called two of them back.

"Victor and Webs, wait. A few years ago, I begun a scan of Alfred's mind. To create an artificial intelligence that might outlast him. But it was never finished. I called it the Alfred Protocol."

"What are you asking us, Bruce?" Victor asked.

"What do you need?" Ms. Tarantula asked.

"I can't bring him online by myself. I need your help.. please, Victor and Tara. I need him. He was like a father to me."

A month ago...

"How-may-I-help-you?"

"L-look, I'm not going to go after Batman anymore. I'm going to the airport now," Bane said trying to plead for his life against the copies of the Alfred Protocol surrounding him. "I'm going home to Santa Prisca."

"How-may-I-help-you?" the Alfred Protocol kept repeating as it's copies advanced on Bane.

"Y-you don't have to kill me, too..." Bane said as the copies raised their arms at him, " I'll leave."

BLAM!