Chapter 8 - Two Sides To New York

When I woke up, it was 7:50, Bennett had just left and I couldn't get back to sleep

Damn you Bennett, making me feel all comfortable doing in your arms.

Groaning I got out of bed, the chilly air in the room made me wanna get back in the warm bed.

Pulling on a shirt I found on the bed I tied up my hair. Too lazy to take shower I just went downstairs to grab some breakfast.

"Good morning." I said greeting Ethel in the kitchen.

"Morning hon, it's awful early for you to be up, Bennett left ten minutes ago." She said.

"Meh, could get back to sleep after he left, so I decided to get something to eat."

She smiled at me and handed me a plate of eggs and hash browns.

"Thanks Ethel." I smiled.

"So, how's everything with Bennett?" She asked.

"Fine why."

"Well, I may or may not have heard some yelling coming from your room last night." She said.

"Oh. Um well it was nothing Bennett's was just pushing on something I didn't want to talk about." I replied

"Oh ok, so what are your plans for today?"

"Um maybe looking around the city, sightsee a little." I said.

"Well I will see you later I have some errands to run." Ethel said packing up.

"Thanks for breakfast."
——————————————————

"You have a visitor sir

"You have a visitor sir." My secretary said on my intercom.

"Who is it?"

"She says her name is Quinn Harris."

Quinn. She was my ex, we were college sweethearts but I caught her cheating on me.

I sighed running a hand over my face.

"Send her in."

In walked my ex girlfriend, she smiled at me while I looked her dead in the eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.