Chapter 4:Can you stay out of trouble for one day?

Zenon stared at Echidna without qny emotions on his face, like he does with everybody else. By friend he can only think she means Beelzebub. He is his only connection to the physical world, so Zenon thinks the devil would have his protection in mind.

Zenon:I guess you're the one to bring me here.

Echidna:You catch on quick, as expected.

Zenon:I see.

Echidna:...Aren't you going to ask me anything else? People everywhere would desire the knowglede of the Witch of Greed, Echidna.

Zenon:People need to be quiet happy to see you, than.

Echidna:Not really. In fact, everyone looks like they wanna barf when they see me. Funny, right?

Zenon:I don't see anything amusing about that.

Echidna:I guess you wouldn't. Especially with that stoic face of yours. You'd be a lot more handsome if you'd smile more.

Zenon:I smile.

Echidna:No, those are bloodthirsty grins. Back to the topic at hand, you really don't wanna ask me anything.

Zenon:Well, I guess there is one thing...

Echidna:Ah, don't worry! I used tge rare oportunity of Satella's ritual to being taht boy here to bring you here too and I got a few seconds to glimpse at your world in the meantime. I assure you your siblings are very much alive. Although your brother doesn't have his devil anymore. Really, worrying about your siblings like that...You're a lot cuter than how you look like.

Zenon thought about her words...Did that mean Lucifero terminated his contract with Dante? Well, Dante got cocky and lost a lot as of late. He got tired of it and he's guessing Lucifero did too.

Zenon:Why have you brought me here anyway?

Echidna:A good question. You see, as the Witch of Greed my thirst for knowglede is insatianle. I was especially endorsed by the study of magic. Your talent for magic is astounishing and your own magic is very interesting. I rumaged through your head and I mean, really, that ultimate spell of yours? Who'd think about something like that! You were too good of a chance to let go.

Zenon:I see.

Zenon took off with the same expression he wore through the entire conversation. Echidna was a little surprised by his lack of a reaction.

Echidna:You're not mad? I took you away from your hone into a unknown world, you know?

Zenon:I see no reason to be angered. My siblings are alive and if you hasn't done so, I would have beem slayed.

Echidna:Oh, yes. That was something. I mean, that kid practicaly got it all on a plater. He was loved by mana, he had instant teleportation to get out of your subspace, Wind and Star Magic to be able to disintegrate your bones effectively and got to Saint-stage to be able of actually killing you. It's like you're that one character in a book that was hyped up so much that the author needed to put some impossible situation out of nowhere to kill you off because you were too strong. That's funny!

Zenon:...I don't get your sense of humor.

Zenon woke up with the same apathetic face as he got out of bed. As he rumaged around he noticed that neither Subaru nor Rem were around anymore. He voiced out his curiosity qs he had a chance encounter.

Zenon:Ram, where's your sister and Subaru?

Ram:Oh, Zenon-sama. Rem and Barusu have gone in the village to buy ingredients for dinner.

Zenon:You're worried.

Ram:...Yes. My sister is strong, but I still worry about her.

There was also the possibility of Subaru being a spy of the Witch Cult. Although Ram needed to say that if he was...he was the worst spy ever.