The Dead Girl is Dead

After doing a quick head count, Iris leads the others to where they're supposed to be, making sure that they move in a safe, organized manor. Meanwhile, she changes into her visible form so that the children would know where she was, also so that she wouldn't accidentally see Millard nude. When she made sure that all of the children were situated, with all of the sweets and snowballs that they were going to need,  she quickly turned invisible so nobody would be able to see her and her clothes, including Millard. She ghosted to where they were, still invisible, and sat next to Jacob, lightly putting her hand on his shoulder to signal that the trap was set. Noticing how he slightly flinched at her touch, she lightly giggled announcing her presence to both Emma and Millard. 

A few moments later when Barron and the other whites that were present grew silent, Jacob got a determined expression on his face, looked to Emma and nodded. Quickly Emma took off her heavily weighted shoes and Jacob slowly reeled her out into the air, making sure to keep her at a steady pace.

After Emma stated that her and all of the other peculiars of their loop, or well, their old loop were here to save not only Mrs. Peregrine but also every other ymbryne that has been captured for this experiment, Barron's usual wide grin slightly faltered. Emma was quickly reeled closer to the ground, as all four of the peculiars run quickly to the exit. Jacob was not only holding her, but also her weighted shoes, and it was slowing us down greatly. 

"Jacob," Iris stated whilst turning visible, gaining some attention, "you can hand me Emma's shoes, it will speed up our pace."

He handed Iris the heavy shoes gratefully, flashing her a slight smile as they kept running. At this point they had three whites, and two hollows trailing behind them to closely for comfort so they once again picked up their speed. As they were running a newly clothed Millard moved from the formation that he was in so that he would be able to run closer to his love. He gestured to the shoes that she was holding and she gladly handed over to him, making her speed faster and Millard's to slightly falter as he was getting used to the weight in his arms as he was running.

Iris looked slightly to the left of Jacob after hearing an odd sound, and was quick to alert the others that there was a train quickly approaching the route that they were running, if the peculiars didn't make it past the track they were surely going to get caught. Once again the four quickened, they started running past their full speeds, full of adrenaline.  Millard and Jacob quickly ran across the track but Iris noticed the power lines that was above them just as Emma got caught on them. She ghosted up into the air, semi translucent and got Emma untangled right when the train was passing. Iris was running out of energy, she was aware of this, but it was her or Emma and she knows what it feels like to lose the loop that you had been accustomed to and all of the people along with it, she never wanted anyone to feel this pain, so she chose Emma. The last bit of her energy was used to untangle Emma. She fell back at a rapid pace, turning entirely visible and back into a solid, barely missing the fast moving train that could have caused her death. (I know they don't run out of energy because of their peculiarity but like, it has to be like this for the story, okay? Okay.)

"NO!" She heard Millard yell with sorrow, it utterly broke her heart.

She was quickly grabbed by the neck and dragged back to the building forcefully. 'No, this wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't meant to happen.' She thought, not entirely digesting the fact that she was certainly being lead to her certain death. 

She was brought roughly into the empty building that reminded her of pure nightmares and was dragged down a flight of stairs after the orders of Barron who's words she didn't at all comprehend as, to her she was already dead. She was brought to a very large, dark room, it was mainly empty, minus the giant contraption in the middle, that was surrounded by chairs and hooked to various sized cages that held many different types of birds. Iris was brutally dragged to a corner. The ruckus caught the attention of the ymbrynes, and she sorrowfully caught the eyes of two very familiar birds. It was her past ymbryne, Mrs. Osprey, and her current ymbryne, Mrs. Peregrine. She was chained to the wall and then fully directed her attention to her capture, who she can confidently call ugly, he looked like what you could imagine the scrooge looked  like in that one book that Jacob brought to her from the future, the only difference is that he was young. But he was still gross.

As she was looking at him with disgust he began talking in an unsettling voice that was also noticeably disgusting to her. 

"Barron said that I was able to do whatever I wished of you," he laughed. "So long as I leave the eyes untouched, I can do whatever I want." He said making eye contact with you and then looking at the now stressing out ymbrynes. "And they get to watch, isn't that just so exiting," He asked with a closed eyed smile, showing his rotting teeth while he was at it.

He playfully pulled out a knife from the inside of his distressed jacket, waving it into the air and looking at the ymbrynes with a smile, as if he were performing. Well, if this was a show, Iris  was going to make it a show. She took notice of the energy that was now running through her body, she was fully replenished. She slightly smirked to his back, now having a full proof plan. 

He turned back around with a devious smile, "Are you ready for the show, my dear?" Iris cringed at the pet name that left his rotting mouth.

He slowly traced the knife from my temple to my neck, down to my chest and then to my stomach. He looked at my eyes and then back to knife, he looked up to my eyes again as he slowly inserted the knife into my abdomen, increasing the pain by slowly twisting the knife to the left and then back to it's original position. Instead of screaming or wincing at the pain as the white expected, Iris only smiled, even though she was in pain. 

"What?" He said confused. He took out the knife and plunged it into a different spot on her abdomen, with the same reaction, a smile that was slowly growing, as he plunged the knife into her right arm, and then into her right thigh. 

He went to stab her neck, but she ghosted, not only freeing her hands but allowing the bloodied knife to go straight through her neck, at this, he repetitively jabbed his knife into her translucent figure, making small puncture marks in the wall. After the umpteenth jab, Iris grabbed his hand with a toothy smile, and yanked it from his hands forcefully. She put it in her pocket and ghosted through him, turning around and pushing him into the wall forcefully, locking up his hands in the chains quickly, even though he was still facing the wall. He was now on his knees, blind to the attack that she was going to give him, only being able to turn his head so much. Iris giggled at her upper hand, and decided to make this quick. 

"Hey, it's alright," She whispered into his right ear happily. "I'll make sure to make it quick." She said after a small pause.

He was awaiting his death when he felt a large forcefully pain in his neck, it was the knife. A few seconds after, he fell limp, with his arms still being held to the wall by the chains that were once binding him forcefully to the wall.  Iris pulled out the knife and dropped it on the floor. She knew the others would still be commencing their plan, as she wasn't really needed as much in the rest of the plan, until the very end. She could do her part now, in the very room that she was brought to. She ran to the contraption and quickly went through the binds that were on the buttons, that were meant to keep her and her friends out, she found the button that she was looking for and quickly pressed it, allowing the ymbrynes to escape their cages and the room. 

Mrs. Peregrine and Mrs. Osprey, went over to her and she quickly told them that they needed to get to the ship that was outside, for that was how they would make their departure. They did as they were told, and Iris breathed out a sigh of reload, her job was done. She was definitely in pain, but she was kind of used to it due to her first loop and their brutal punishments, it still hurt regardless though. She went out into the hall, exactly like how she came and soon enough made it to the room that the others were in. She soon spotted Millard and ran to him, with a small limp. He looked at her as she turned invisible so that he could still see her and she could see him. She embraced him tightly as she knew they weren't in any definite danger due to the dead whites that were laying around the place. The only one left was probably Barron, but he wasn't here, and neither was Emma, Jacob, or Enoch. 

She let go of Millard only to receive a passionate kiss on the lips. Surprising her? Slightly. She enjoyed it though giving the certain circumstances. Once again they embraced, getting Millard's favorite outfit stained with her blood at the same time. 

A/N: Dang you guys, it's been a while. Um, I'm going to try and continue this tomorrow, but like every time I say I'm going to do something, I never do, so we'll see. This book has like two or three chapters left and I don't know how to feel about that. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter, love you <3