The Invisible Boys Despair

'She was right there. She was so close. And now she's gone.' Millard thought as silent tears slowly went down his invisible face.

Though all of the kids noticed the disappearance of a certain peculiar, they all had no time to mourn, they had to continue with the plan, that's what you would have wanted, you would have wanted them to stay happy, and save the Ymbrynes. 

Millard was currently on the roof of a run down building that resided on the pier, he, like the other peculiars were throwing every sweet and snowball that they had collected on to the hollows that were on the ground in front of the building. The snow was causing the sweets to stick and they were now mostly visible to everyone, even the people who were normal. Everyone was noticeably silent and would sneak quick glances at Millard with a sad look, even the twins were concerned, but nobody could tell because of their masks. 

They were dead. The hollows were dead. All of them. The tension in the air seemed to dissipate slightly, but it was still noticeably there. Millard was distraught, he was so upset. Despite that, he headed inside with the other children, they were going to save the Ymbrynes, for her, for Victor, and for every other peculiar or non peculiar that have died because of these people.

It was almost over. They were almost done. Jacob, Emma, and Enoch just left after Barron, and are going to save the Ymbrynes. Millard would've gone with them, but he didn't want to possibly find her body, it would hurt his heart more than it already was, and at the moment it was shattered. He could feel it, it was all the way in his stomach, and every time it beat, it caused a slightly painful discomfort. 

He was looking around, doing a headcount, everyone was here, except for her, and the other three that left. Millard awkwardly shifted in the center of the room, all of the chaos that was happening only moments before was entirely gone, even though the traces of it was still there, with all of the blood stained into the carpets, the circus robots, the dead people laying around, a frozen mini pool, a bunch of peculiar looking children that not only look winded and slightly relieved, but they also look like they're about to cry.

He was lost in thought when a door to the left opened with a small creaking sound, quickly everyone turned their attention to the door, afraid that their troubles weren't over yet. But soon enough the rooms tension was lifted and happiness filled the air replacing it. It was Iris, she was bloody and had multiple stab wounds, and was sort of bruised but she was still alive, and she was walking. 

Millard quickly ran up to her and she walked to him with a slight limp, Millard was staring at her in shock until they met with a tight hug. He let go after making sure she was real and not just a figment of his imagination. He looked at her for a hot minute scanning over her face with his hands on her shoulders. She turned so that she could see him and almost instantly he pulled her face into his, gifting her with a passionate and loving kiss. When they pulled apart she was quickly brought back into a hug. He felt her warm blood transferring into his clothes but he didn't mind. She was back in his arms and that's all he cared about.

A/N: I can't believe that this story is almost over. There's gonna be like one more chapter after this and that's it. I know this one is kind of short, and I'm sorry, it's late and I wanna go to sleep, my insomnia is thriving right now and I'm so tired I'm gonna go take like way to much melatonin. Anyways, thanks for coming along during this, Love you <3