The Swords Tournament?

Kirito POV:

It's been about a week since I first started SAO High School, and I would say that it is going well. All off the teachers seem chill, I'm doing well in class, and I have new friends. My roommate is also really nice, I thought I would mention her separately. The reason for that is that she kinda radiates a vibe that no one has ever given me. I don't really know what it is but it feels incredibly strange. It feels out of place and it makes Asuna go into my head and stay in it. I'm always thinking about her for some reason. Is this, l o v e?

"Oi, Kazuto! Have you heard about the recent news?" Eugeo sounded very excited and he was so energetic.

"Depends on what it is, but probably not. I haven't really been paying attention to the school news that much." I respond truthfully.

"Well, there's a sword tournament between all of the first years. It's going to be really competitive, and it's a way to display how good you are with the sword in front off thousands of people."  Alice said while getting all pumped up. I saw Eugeo blush a bit but i didn't say anything.

"When is it happening?"

"Two weeks from now, you might wanna get ready." He said, almost knowing i would do it.

"Wait, does everyone have to do it?" I asked confused.

"Yea, there won't only be one on ones but there will be other competitions going on. Like 'Who can chop the wood in half the best,' or' Who can break the most obstacles while in a race.' That kind of thing." This does sound interesting, but why haven't been told directly yet? Our form tutor will probably tell us today.

Out of nowhere, Mr Kyoshi walks in and sits on his desk.

"I'm sure you already know this by now, but here will be a competition in two weeks time October the 21st, prepare for it. It's a sword tournament and you will be given more details later on." He said that and then just ... walked out of the room? The hole class went silent, confused on the announcement was so sudden and quick.

Me and Asuna walked out of form and walked to maths.  But we got called to the assembly hall by the teachers for some reason. "This is strange. Our teacher never told us that we would have an assembly today." I thought to myself.

When we get to the hall, most off the 1st years are already there. "I wonder what's going on." Asuna said confused.

"I don't know, but I assume it's something to do with the sword tournament that happening in 2 weeks." I replied.

"Yea that's probably it." Asuna said.

We see a familiar face walk on stage.

"Hello First Years! You maybe confused on why an assembly has been called without any preparation or announcement. That is fair. However, it is a very important matter. There is going to be a sword tournament in two weeks and all off your form teachers have told you that. This assembly is going to discuss how the tournament works and it's rules." He exclaimed which got everyone mildly confused.

"Well that's a good thing. At least we can now base our strategies and our fighting styles on the rules and structure of the tournament." Asuna said brightly. She does it so much, that squeaky clean brightness that she displays all the time. it's incredible. It gives me the butterflies.

"The rules will be handed out on sheets of paper around the room. Read them when you get them and don't miss anything out. It'll be very important when we get there." The school council leader said. 

"He seems really pumped about this tournament." I say, puzzled.

"Maybe the tournament has happened before and it was amazing." My roommate said, basically answering my puzzled face directly.

"Your probably right." I respond, slightly blushing.

The rules sheets got handed to us by our row and we took a look at them. The main ones were: No unprohibited fighting, No cheating, No blackmail, No death and the fights will be called off when the teachers think that one fighter cannot continue. There were some others but they were fairly obvious ones.

"These rules seem reasonable." Asuna said understandably.

"They sure do, but they seem kind off vague. I muttered loudly.

"Maybe so, but they probably have a different sheet or they will explain it with more depth later on." She said smartly.

"That would be good." I say, admiring her intelligence.

"Now, the format. There will be sheets handed out but I will also explain it too anyone is confused. Anyone have any questions about the rules?" He asked. A hand went up quickly.

"The rules are good but." The person pauses. "What if someone breaks the rules before anyone can do anything? And will there be any precautions?" The person asked worriedly.

"If someone breaks the rules, depending on how serious the rules they break on, will get a justifiable punishment. There will also be a very large amount of precautions put in place. Teachers will be next to the battle arena, ready to stop the fight at any moment in time. Is that ok? The School Council president said, making sure that everyone is comfortable, in terms of safety.

"Yes, that's great. Thankyou." The boy who asked the original question said. He sat back down in his seat. 

"You are all dismissed!" He said loudly.

Asuna POV:

"That was a short assembly, only 15 minutes. I wonder if there will be more preparations or warnings to do with the tournament." I said to Kazuto. I don't know what it is, but Kazuto radiates a vibe that I've never had to feel before, and I kinda like it. It just feels so warm and comfortable. He's just ... amazing!

"There might be but the teachers probably expect us to use are common sense to figure it out on our own. But that might not be a good thing for us or them." He said knowledgably.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"If they leave it it too us to figure it out, people might have issues finding out strategies since the rules aren't fully layed out to us, and people might break the rules on accident." Kazuto said.

"That's definitely possible." I replied. After I said that we got too all of are classes and went back to our room. When we got back to room, he asked me a question that I didn't expect him to ask off me.

"Asuna, do you wanna like, practice with me. You know, with swords." He said, slightly blushing and also shyly.

"Yea sure, we have to do well in the tournament if we wanna do well as school as well. But, you better not try too hard. Cus if you do, you'll kill me." I reply.

"What makes you think if I try too hard I'll kill you?" He asks timidly.

"Do you really not get it? Did you see what you did to that piece of metal compared to what I did? Sure I put a dent in it or whatever, but you put a whole in it and then chopped it into 4 pieces! That's insane you know!" I practically shout to him, which kinda scares him.

"O-okay, I won't try to hard." He said, slightly stuttering. 

"He's so cute." I thought too myself, not even realising what I had just thought about my new friend. He's an interesting person, but that's nice and I like it.

1241 words