A Discussion.

Asuna POV:

"What the-. Am in one of those dreams again? It looks like my normal room but I have a feeling it isn't." The room was pitch black and I could hear Kazuto, snoring softly. "Maybe this isn't a dream." I thought to myself. I got up and turned my lamp on so I could see. It was just my room. I walked over to my desk, where I do my homework, and check the time. 5AM. "Okay, that doesn't matter, I'll just go back too sleep." I said to myself. However, just before I got under the sheets, I heard a shuffling noise. 

"Kazuto?" I said quietly.

"Yea?" He replied quickly with his morning voice.

"Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry." I said to him apologetically.

"No, it's fine, you didn't wake me up. Well, kinda." He said while letting out a little chuckle.

"Ok? Then why are you not going back to sleep?" I ask confused.

"Normally, I would go back too sleep without even saying anything. But today, I wanna ask you something." He said.

"Now?"

"Yea, I was gonna tell you in the morning but I might as well tell you now." He said, tiredly. I nodded my head so that he could tell me.

"Me, Alice and Eugeo are gonna go to a mall today, it's the weekend and we need to buy some stuff. Wanna join?" He asked nervously. I'm pretty sure that he's nervous because he's asking a girl that he hasn't know for ages, to go to a mall with him. It did shock me a little, it was kind of out off nowhere. But, I was happy to join.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I'll go, only if the other two will want me there." I said, toning my voice down at the end.

"This again." He said in a low tone. "Eugeo and Alice like you, your friends now. You can come, they will probably want you there. Especially Alice." He said the same thing that he said the other day. "Why?" I thought too myself.

"Okay, I'll come. But tell the others I'm coming, i don't want too give them any unnecessary surprises." I say with a fairly low voice. Compared too my normal voice anyway.

"Sure." He responds quickly. Just before we went to sleep, he asked me something.

"Asuna, I have a question. You don't have to answer, but I would like to know." He says slowly.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Have you had bad experiences with people before? You always say, 'only if the others want me too.' Or ' Are you sure, that might not like me.' I feel a person who has had a lot of social interaction wouldn't say those things. Also, on the first day of school, you weren't talking to anyone. You didn't seem sad, you looked like you were used too it.

"What?!" I stutter out. "How did he come too that conclusion? It's right, but how does he know? Did someone tell him or is he just good at connecting the dots.

"I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, but it just feels that way. I might have gotten it completely wrong." Kazuto said understandably. 

"No no no, you got it right, it's just that you surprised me that you figured it out so soon." It had only been two weeks since school started, and he had already worked it out. Was it that obvious?

"Well, how did it start? Or what happened too make it start?" He asked.

"I'm pretty sure it started in elementary school. I remember getting bullied around that time." I said sadly.

"It's been that long huh. Why though?" He asked, probably feeling a bit nervous after touching a touchy subject.

"Well, it was for multiple reasons. But one of the main ones was my hair. It's an unnatural colour, and it was different to what people had seen before. They always pulled it, occasionally taking a little bit of hair out. Not a lot, but enough to make it hurt a lot. It wasn't visible, so the teachers couldn't do anything, since I had no proof." I say, holding back my tears. I hope Kazuto doesn't see me as weak after this, over some hair.

"Asuna, I think that..." He stopped and gulped. "I think that your hair is beautiful, chestnut is a lovely colour and I think it looks good on you." He said, slightly wavering his words. My eyes opened wide in shock and small tears started coming out. He had made me feel like my hair was ... normal and that it looked good. No one had done that before, not even my parents. Yet, a boy I had met two weeks ago, managed it.

"You think i-it looks good?" I barely whimpered out of my mouth.

"Yea, it's beautiful. And to be honest, this is a little embarrassing to admit but when I first saw your hair, I thought that it was a rare feature. Not just rare, but a beautiful feature." He said while scratching his face, or that's what it sounded like.

"Thankyou, Kazuto." I said through my tears, hugging my pillow.

"No problem. Now's not the time to talk about the other reasons but eventually, I will help you express your feelings. I won't mention this to anyone, but if you need me, come talk to me. I'm almost always open." He said enthusiastically, climbing down off the top bunk. I could see a broad smile across his face, as if he had just accomplished something. And to be fair, he had. He made me feel special for the first time ever, and it felt good.

"Now now, you can't cry forever. I'll give you 10 minutes too calm yourself down and get rid off your tears, for now at least." 'For now at least,' so he intends too help me more? Or make me cry more? Whatever it is, he helped me tonight and I can't thank him enough for that. After 10 minutes had gone by and I had calmed myself down, I got ready for the day out we were about to have. By the time I was ready, Kazuto was sitting on his chair, waiting for me so we could leave.

"By the way, Kazuto." I said suddenly. "Thank you so much for helping me, no one has ever done this before and I can't thank you enough." I said happily.

"No problem, but next time we do this, your going too tell me about your other issues as well, since you mentioned that there was more than one." Kazuto said with full confidence that he could help me.

"Sure!" I said.

1094 words