žaidimas

They had just barely made it through the doors of the balcony before they were spotted by the menagerie of people.

Unlike before, where it was like time had stopped, the crowd seemed to become even livelier as people cheerfully greeted Hannibal. A blur of both masked men and women either curtseyed, bowed, or shook his hand as they passed. The speed of which strangers came and went like the tide was enough to make his head spin, but Hannibal seemed unfazed, even greeting each individual by name much to Will's own amazement. He couldn't imagine what it must be like to know so many people, he could probably count on both hands how many people he even bothered to remember the names of.

Despite the onslaught of people, Hannibal never left his side at any point, even going so far as to introduce him to the crowd like he was one of them. He would have been touched by the gesture if he was not currently attempting to not be overwhelmed by the closeness of so many people. His empathy was just barely under wraps as it was, he inwardly flinched every time someone brushed by behind him, anxious that they'd feel his wings before he remembered he had the fake ones on. He was glad for Misha (Who had woken up at some point due to the bustle of the crowd) as holding her up gave him something to do with his arms. Her and Hannibal's hand on his arm acted as anchors that kept him grounded in the sea of people's feelings. He wasn't sure if he should be grateful or worried that he was comforted so much by two practical strangers.

At least the people here seem to like me.

Which was true, he could see their eyes light up whenever Hannibal introduced him to them, they smiled and spoke kindly to Will (Despite him only barely uttering anything outside of formalities due to his anxiety), A few of them even asked him if he wanted to dance.

"No way! I get to dance with him first!" Misha had proclaimed whenever someone came towards him, tightening her arms around his neck. It always got a laugh out of everyone in the crowd, Will's own cheeks tightened into a smile at the surprising domestic nature of it all. He avoided looking directly at Lecter however, the memory of the kiss made his face even warmer under the mask. But the lingering touches the man would sneak onto his arm and side made him burn regardless of his own efforts to calm down, his wings twitched excitedly at his back from the contact. It emboldened him enough to actually converse with the people around him, he laughed countless times at their banter and for the first time in his life felt truly accepted by the people around him.

Time slipped away from him for who knew how long, he saw the woman in green he met on the balcony with her wife Starling right? At some point and they exchanged friendly nods from across the room. Again, Will was hit by that strange feeling that he had seen her somewhere before but he couldn't quite place it. Before he could get close enough to ask what her name was he was distracted by Misha hopping out of his arms and dragging him into a quick dance. (Where he basically just twirled her around with his arm.) Before releasing him to head upstairs at Hannibal's reminder it was well past her bedtime, Winston following close behind her.

He didn't see Jack or Alana anywhere in the crowd during this time.

Eventually, Hannibal had somehow maneuvered him to a more hidden side of the party room near one of the walls draped with curtains. Placing a small glass of champagne in one of his shaking hands and smiling apologetically down at him.

"I apologize for my guests, I may have mentioned you once or twice over our meetings and they were excited to meet you. I'm sorry for any anxiety they might have caused you."

"Was I that obvious?" Will muttered, touching a hand to his masked cheek before he took a large gulp of his glass to soothe his nerves. "It's not their fault, I'm just not used to this sort of thing. I'm actually having fun if you would believe it."