Reikalavimas

Will was in the ballroom again.

The masquerade was in full swing when he became aware of himself in the dream. Cradled within the familiar inky embrace of the creature once more. He couldn't focus on much else besides that, the masked faces of the guests around him blurred together and distorted into impossible shapes. Will had to look away to fight the dizzying feeling, burrowing his face into the others broad torso. Sighing in contentment when he felt the creatures claws lightly scratch over his freed wings. The purr he was rewarded with from the other had a near drug-like effect on him.

He moved into the waltz easily enough, as though they had done this countless times before. He couldn't tell if he had a mask of his own on or not, but didn't feel too concerned as the creature didn't have one either. That and its ridiculously large wings shielded him from the prying eyes of the crowd. Protecting him as they did the first time he dreamed of it in the woods.

Looking into the glowing red eyes of the others, he was struck with recognition. He knew those eyes from somewhere.
But where?

"Who are you?" He heard himself ask, spun around once again as they moved to the rhythm of the strange music playing around them. Someone was singing somewhere, their sweet childlike voice speaking words he had no way of understanding.

It sounds like a young girl... Misha maybe?

The being smiled down at him, face mainly obscured by the shadow that emanate from it made it impossible to look for its features.

"You know."

Before he could ask what he meant, A flash of pink out of the corner of his eye made him break eye contact to scour the spinning crowd around them. One of them stood out, a dark haired woman clothed in the same pink dress as the night of the party caught his eye and the two stared at one another in slow recognition.

Alana?

She looked like a sleepwalker, eyelids heavy against her eyes with a blissed out smile on her face, linked at the arm by who he recognized to be Margot. The two of them were the only people in the crowd who weren't moving. Slowly, they both waved at him before they too became lost in the sea of bodies.

He wanted to cry out, to call for her to come back, but the feeling of a hand cupping his face turned his attention back to the Being before him. The smile was gone from his face, red eyes searching his own as though he was checking for something. Will felt himself grow cold.

"Alana's here."

"Yes." They had stopped moving, the crowd parted around them and continued their tempo, the blur of vibrant colors was starting to make him feel sick.

"Why are you doing this?" He questioned, unsure what he was asking exactly. He brought his own hands up to cup his partners face, watching as the Others eyes closed in contentment, nuzzling against his palms. The broad antlers above him casting veined shadows over Will's arms like they wanted to dig under his skin.

"You, you changed everything." The shadow whispered, opening its eyes to look down at him like he wanted to worship him. "My entire world turned on its head the moment I found you."

"Why?"

"Come with us." The other whispered into his ear instead of answering, arms wrapping around him tenderly and trapping him in place. The Empath shivered with want. "Come with me."

Yes. He wanted to say. Yes. But he couldn't seem to get the words out.

Instead, he pulled the Others face towards himself, meeting his lips with slow trepidation. The Others arms tightened around him in answer and Will was met with the sensation of falling, forcing him to shut his eyes against it.