Alegorija

Will was about ready to throttle Jack.

After breakfast, His boss had led him into a room he had repurposed as a makeshift office, already covered with case files and photos of the crime scenes. Will wondered when he had the time to do all this before he was basically forced to sit and go over everything in front of him.

Let's just hope Misha doesn't wander in here...

They had probably spent 4 hours going over every single crime scene in intricate detail by the time Will was considering homicide, Jack relentlessly drilled Will for any potential insight about the people at the party like a dog chewing on a bone. The Empath's eye twitched periodically, a migraine the size of the other man's head growing painfully in his skull the more Jack pestered him.

Does he think I can just reach through the photos and drag the killer out?

"Alright, I'll explain this one more time." Will groaned, noting from a quick glance at the clock that it was almost noon. He briefly wondered if Hannibal had plans for lunch before turning back with a sigh. "The disappearances seem to have happened almost instantaneously. The only similarities the victims had in common was that they all happened to wander into the woods for some reason or another and never came out."

As Jack had so graciously reminded him. The Chesapeake Woods Ripper had claimed a total of 10 victims. All between their mid 20's to early 60's, all of varying backgrounds and careers. The only reason they even knew they were dead instead of just missing was the bloodied rags of shredded clothing and belongings that had been found at random when people went looking for their loved ones.

One of the victims however stuck out to Will.

Molly Arianda, roughly 36 years old and one of the main caretakers of Misha Lecter. She had disappeared in similar fashion to the others after going out into the woods to retrieve something the girl lost a few weeks ago. She was the third to disappear this month alone. Will stared down at her picture (The only one they had was provided by Hannibal. It depicted her smiling with a slightly younger Misha. Will stared at her mirthful face with a strange pang of sadness.)

But what really stood out to Will wasn't what they knew, it was what they didn't.

Besides her name, there was little, if any information about her outside of what they knew from the crime. No friends, no family, Will highly doubted she even lived in town. No one seemed to know her, as if she didn't exist.

She sort of reminded him of his mother.

The only people knew anything seemed to be Hannibal and Misha. Which seemed too important for Will to ignore. He'd have to 'interview' both of them about any additional information they may have about her.

Which, considering this family's reputation, must be a lot.

As much as he liked the Lecters, the professional part of his brain couldn't help but be a little suspicious of this whole situation. Since their family knew everything about everyone, it seemed strange that they didn't know who the killer was at this point. (That and Hannibal didn't seem to know about his... heritage.) Maybe I'm just that good at hiding? It was a miracle Freddie Lounds of all people hadn't found out yet at the very least.

Regardless, he hadn't survived this long by ignoring his gut.

"We'll have to talk to Hannibal about what he knows of Molly's last moments in his house. She seems to be the golden ticket to all this." He said eventually, careful of his wording in case Jack became even more convinced of the Lecters involvement in the case. As suspicious as he was, he didn't want to be pointing fingers this early into the investigation.