Coincidence

I groaned at the buzzing sound of my alarm, picking up the alarm clock on the nightstand; I looked at the time. It was six in the morning which means I have an hour to get dressed. I placed the clock back on the surface and slowly began to sit up in bed and stretch out my upper body. Crawling out of my bed I slide my feet into my slippers and make my way to the adjoining bathroom.
    "It's been a week since i last saw Liam." I sighed.

Mum entered my room yelling my name. It is that day of the week when she always shout at me to get ready for Sunday service. Well, it's better than being hit with a pillow. I remembered last week when she hit me hard with it which made me see fireworks.

"Good morning mum." I greeted with a smile.
"It's such a surprise to see you up." She laughed and left the bathroom.

       Later that day, I was seated in the church with my mum listening to the melodic voices of the choir. I was amazed at how they sing beautifully but that was cut short when I urgently needed to use the restroom. After relieving myself I strode back to the building.

"Laure," I paused at the sound of my name."Fancy meeting you here," He walked past me and faced me. "How are you?"

I stood and gazed at him awestruck that anyone could be so handsome; He looked smart in his buttoned up black shirt. I shouldn't be having such thoughts in church but I couldn't help it. He broke me out of my reverie with his question.

"What's wrong?" He said.
I mumbled, "Nothing."
"I doubt Laure, your cheeks are red." He gazed at me.
"No way," I laughed while touching my face.
"If you say so." He turned around and walked three steps before it hit him.
"You look beautiful today."

I was surprised at his compliment but I shouldn't be because I grew up hearing those words.
"Not just today, you always look good." He added and walked further into the building.

From the car park i could still hear the distance singing of the choir. I stared at myself in a car screen pondering why I'm affected by Liam.

"I should probably ask him out, my God Laure! " I hit my mouth and walked in.

After service, i searched for Liam but to no avail. So i went back to the parking lot where mum waited for me.

"You made new friends." She spoke as i entered the car.
"No mum." I put on my seat belt and smiled at her.
"Your dad and sis will be back home tonight." She started the engine.
"Wowzie, zowie, that's a great news mum, they intended to make it a surprise."
"And I ruined it,"she grinned." I thought Olivia mentioned it to you."
"No way, I asked her last night when she'll come with my little nephew to visit and she said nothing."
"It's been quite long your dad informed me about his return."

         Dad has been gone for six months, he left the country to open a foreign branch of his company and big sis Olivia, my role model, she's tenacious, affable and a mother of my four years old nephew; Micheal.
"I can't wait mum."
As we got home mum ordered the chefs to prepare a big feast. "My family is going to be complete tonight." She said.
I got so bored waiting for their arrival so I decided to pay Anne a visit.

        At the Masson apartment that afternoon, i was welcomed by the sight of Anne relaxing on the white U shaped sectional sofa in the living room with a bowl of popcorn and a can of soda.

"Laure!" Shocked."What are you doing here?"
"Wrong timing huh?" I chuckled.
She rushed towards me, grabbed my wrist and pulled me to her room, kicking the door wide open she pushed me in and closed it with a loud bang.

"Anne!!! What on earth is wrong with you?"
Her actions made me incandescent with fury. I glared at her waiting for an explanation.
"I'm so sorry mon amie I have a very good reason."
"I am listening." I sat on the bed.
"I'm avoiding Edouard." she paced "He said something crazy the other day and it got me all worked up."
"Oh Anne, I can't seem to notice my involvement in your dispute."
"That's because I am not telling you everything."
"What are you...."
"Hush! Little one," she cut in." Curiosity kills the cat."
"You make it sound like a life and death situation."
"By the way, what are you doing here? Thought you won't be coming anytime soon."
"I got bored at home waiting for Dad and big sis so i decided to whileaway time at your place. You were looking at your past crush." I stared at her school magazines on the bed.
"You guessed right." She giggled and sat down beside me.