Drunk

We drifted apart and stared at each other's eyes for an awkward minute. My cheeks burned with embarrassment to the thought of wanting more. In a split second, he swiftly lift me up and carefully placed me on the sofa. With one hand, he took off my dress revealing my black lingeries. He saw through me I thought as we indulged in a fervent kiss.
  My door slammed open and Olivia matched in screaming my name.
"Oh my God!" She exclaimed.
"Can today get less weird." I buried my face in his well-defined chest while he laughed hard.
"I am terribly sorry sis," she turned around." This is new to me." She sniggered.
He pulled me up and helped me into my dress he tossed aside.
"Where on earth are your manners?" I struggled to zip my gown as I moved closer.
"How will I know my little sister will be in her room smoo..." She burst into laughter. "You never told me you had a boyfriend."
"Deliver your message and leave my room quietly i beg of you."
"You've been missing the whole time, mum said I should come fetch you." She tittered. "Who knew you'll be throwing a party in here." Her boisterous laughter filled the room. I looked at Liam who laughed heartily while buttoning his shirt.
"Mon Dieu!" I pushed her out and banged the door. "I'm sorry about that." I muttered.
He smiled at me as he drew closer."You don't need to be." He took his hands out of his pocket and grabbed my face. "You owe me a date." He spoke in a hushed tone.
"I spend most of my leisure time at Parc floral de Paris."
"Are you asking me out?" He smirked.
"I am returning a favor."
"I'll see you there in the morning," he held the door knob. "Laure, thanks to you i enjoyed the party."
I collapsed on the bed as he left the room.
"What were you thinking Laure?" I yelled while covering my mouth with a pillow.

The house was awfully quiet the next morning, i fell asleep early last night without saying a word to my family. I stepped into Micheal's room but he wasn't there so I decided to head to the dining room.
"Bonjour miss Laure," the maidservant greeted as she fix the table for breakfast. "It seems I'm the only one having breakfast."
"Yes ma'am." She smiled.
"Where's everyone?"
"I'm not aware." She walked into the kitchen with an empty tray.
"Nanny Juliētte, where are my parents?"
"You are up Laure i was about to send Marie to call you. Your mum and big sis went for grocery shopping and your dad stepped out early as usual."
"Micheal?"
"He followed his mum," she smiled and cleaned her hands on the towel.
"Fine, i'll head back to my room."
"Hold on little soul, your mum instructed me to make you breakfast."
I shrugged and walked back to the dining room.  Buzz, buzz... My phone rang.
"It's about time you call Anne," I grinned.
"Don't tell me you are already missing me," she chuckled." How was uncle Leo's party?"
"Do not ask me."
"Something definitely occurred," she laughed, "I will see you later. By the way, i told mum I'll spend the night at your place."
"I am not surprised."
"You are crazy!"
"Come over let's have a lazy day together."
"Ooopsi! I'm heading to Antoine."
"Curse you!"
"I'm so sorry I'll make it up to you next time, gotta go Jade is here and i'm not pleased with what i am seeing."
"Fine, enjoy your day and do not make that girl ruin your mood."
"She just did."
"Anne, Anne," I glanced at my phone." She cut the call huh, what could be happening?"
"It seems like you are having problem eating alone or you do not like the croissants I made?"
"No nanny Juliētte, they are delicious."
"I'll get a plate and join you."
"Please do," I smiled.
  Seconds later she sat beside me. "It's been awhile you all dined together."
"That's true, it's not quite long dad came back and we haven't had time to chat."
"Do you feel bad about it?"
"Not entirely," I chuckled." he's just getting things done and I am sure by the time he's through I'll feel his presence everyday."
"What a darling," she grinned." Don't just sit at home all day go meet Anne or any other friend of yours you are on vacation after all."
"Thanks alot Nanny Juliētte I almost forgot about an important appointment." I jumped up.
"Where are you going to?"
"To meet my... Um..." I stuttered, " a friend maybe."
"You go nowhere if your plate is till filled."
"Alright mum," I teased her.

"Lazy day huh?" Anne grumbled as she walked towards Jade who smiled brightly at her. "I didn't know you'll be coming over i would have stayed a little longer."
"I'll say hi to your mother." She walked past them.
"Anne!!!" Antoine yelled.
"What's bothering her?" She put her hand underneath his chin shifting his gaze to her.
"I can't tell Jade it's not like i can read minds." He raised his voice.
"Don't act grumpy with me i did nothing wrong."
"Jade this is a reminder that our relationship ended a long time ago."
"And i still recall that day like 'twas yesterday." She took few steps backward. "What happened to us Antoine?" She tried to keep the tears at bay. "You could have waited for me, you knew so well that I was going through alot and I wasn't thinking straight, Dad got a new job and i had to leave."
"You weren't ready for a long distance relationship."
"I was confused Antoine."
"I've known you since childhood Jade and I wish we could remain that way, some people are meant to be very good friends."
"Of course," she smiled. "What was I thinking? I'll see y'all later."
"Sure."
"We should eat out with Anne of course like last time I would love us to spend more time together before I go back."
"That's lovely Jade I'll let her know." 

  Antoine dragged his feet to his room to the sight of Anne pouting.
"Je suis vraiment désolé, mon amour." He sat on the table in front of his room.
"Why are you sorry Antoine?"
"You look somewhat angry."
"I need an explanation."
"What's all this Anne it's too early to start an argument."
"Jade,"
"Not again ma chérie." He covered his face with his palm.
"You bussed her Antoine and we all know your history together."
"Like you said it's history and I don't know why you should feel insecure about her beside you insisted on me being friends with her."
"To hell with that Antoine!!!" She yelled if only her thin voice could be called a shout. "What you did is unacceptable."
"It was an accident okay," he moved closer and placed his hands on her shoulder. "She bid me goodbye and..."
"You look into my eyes and spit out lies it makes me sick." Tears rolled down her cheeks. "Are you using me? Just say it so I could be prepared for what happens next because the way you act makes me question your love for me."
"I can't believe this words are coming from you." He pulled back and put his hand to his head which was throbbing.
"You give me no choice but to feel this way."
"I can't be in a relationship like this Anne."
"You want to end things with me so you can get back together with Jade, curse y...y..you..." She grabbed her purse and dashed out of the room in tears.
"Arghhhhh!!!!" He groaned.

Anne was lost in her thoughts as she walked through the pedestrian lane. The hooting of a white Renault Clio V woke her up from her reverie. She peered at the brown haired man in the car who looked over at her, giving her a worried look. He got out of the car and rushed towards her.
"Here comes my guardian angel." She beamed.
"What's wrong with you Anne?" Concerned.
"Everything is..." Tears streamed down her cheeks.
"I'll take you home." He held her hand and pulled her towards the car.
"I don't want to go home." She pleaded.
"Alright, let's go get wasted."

   Gabriel sat beside Anne who was feeling tipsy at the bar stand in La Fissure.
"You told me you have high alcohol tolerance." He chuckled.
"That's not the point Gabriel," she hits her hands on the table. "Is he playing with my feelings?"
"You asked the wrong dude." He played with the iced cubes in his glass of merlot.
"Why?" She took his hand in a firm clasp.
"I can say anything and everything to make you hate him."
"Why?"
"You are drunk and likely to forget all what I'm about to say to you."
"Why Gabriel?" She insisted.
"I've always liked you silly and it's funny how our encounter turned out to be this way after several years." He chuckled.
"Kiss me..." She muttered as she leaned in and looked at him in the eyes before she placed her lips upon his. A soft smile rested on her mouth as he held her close and kissed her  passionately because she knew he was kissing her back.
"Get your filthy hands off my woman." Antoine yelled.