Confession

I snuggled into the duvet listening to Anne's complaints. She happen to be attending the same party Dad talked about the other night. Anne searched her wardrobe throwing several clothes on the bed.

"I can't find what to wear Laure and it's about time we leave." 

She finally said a word i could hear.
I wished she would search for a dress the whole night so i won't have to attend the party.

"You have several beautiful dresses Anne, Why stress yourself over a party?"
"It's not just a party," she frowned. "Antoine will be there."
"Like i care." I shrugged. "He didn't say a word to you after that incident Anne."
She sat down on the bed. "That's why i want to meet him."
"What are your plans?"
"I hope things will go back to the way it used to be."

We arrived at the Smith's that evening, it was obviously crowded with people in flashy dresses. I wished the celebrant and presented my gift alongside Anne. He happened to be someone she knows from school so I left them both to chat in search of a less crowded place.
I sat on a chaise lounge by the pool; it was pretty crowded but I felt safe beneath the full moon.

"Nice party huh?" He appeared before me.
"I'm not a fan of parties."  I smiled.
"I shouldn't approach you." 
"Then why are you here?" 
"Um, you are like a magnet and I am an iron." He chuckled.
"Is this supposed to be a compliment."
"Nope..."
He leaned in towards me; my heart skipped a beat thinking of what transpired between us the last time he did this.
"It's a confession." He whispered in my ear.

I jerked and landed in the pool. I saw my life flash before my eyes as i struggled to swim. I could hear voices of ladies screaming then nothing.
I opened my eyes to the  scenery of me being in his arms. 

"You got me worried sick !" He yelled while he wrapped me with towels.

I could swear I saw tear rolled down his cheeks but he was wet from head to toe.
I caused a huge commotion at the Smith's party and I felt like disappearing.
Liam escorted me to the guests room where I changed into a new dress after that i joined him at the balcony.

"Thanks for saving me though it's partly your fault..."
I said as I walked closer towards him. He laughed and glanced at me.
"I am sorry i haven't apologize for not showing up at the garden."
"You looked beautiful that day." He smirked. "I've been staring at the photo i took of you."
"W..w..what photo ?" 

He laughed and hand me his phone. I felt really embarrassed as I looked at my pictures.
After minutes of silence I voiced out.
"Why didn't you say a word?"
"If I did I wouldn't have these beautiful photos."
He quietly watched me  as I relaxed on the iron railings.
"Why did you leave?"
"I saw you with another lady." I frowned. "Do you normally kiss any girl you come across?"

My cheeks burned with embarrassment as he laughed out loud.

"Laure are you actually jealous?"
"Yes I am and I know I shouldn't be feeling this way because I meant nothing to you."

I hated myself for being emotional. I normally don't show all my cards but here I am confessing my feelings.
"I should probably head home, I nearly died today." I added to justify my words.

I heard quick footsteps behind me then he grabbed my wrist.
"Let's blame tonight actions on the water we consumed." He spoke huskily and we locked lips.

I lay on my bed cuddling my teddy while Anne sat on the sofa operating her mobile.

  "So you plan on sleeping without saying anything."
"I am really exhausted, you know what happened to me today."
"Not about that?"
"I really don't have the energy for guessing games Anne."
"Do not feigned ignorance, I saw you and Liam at the balcony"
I choked on my saliva " I didn't notice you."
"I cried my eyes out tonight and i went up to meet my friend to be comforted but..."
"I am terribly sorry Anne, what happened to you?" I sat up.
"It's over between us." Anne sighed, she looked so calm.
"You are joking, right?"