Fate

"Merci," Pauline thanked Juliētte as she dropped the tray of fresh orange juice on the table.
"Nanny Juliētte i haven't seen Laure the whole day." Olivia said while picking the glass of fresh orange juice.
"She came back home looking sad and locked herself in her room."
"Where did she go to?" Worried, Pauline asked.
"To meet a friend she said." Juliētte smiled and excused herself.
"I'll go check up on her." Olivia stood up from the couch.

I heard a soft knock on my door followed by Olivia's voice. "It's big sis can i come in."
"Go away!" I shouted.
"You can always talk to me about it?"
"Please leave," i snuggled into my blanket.

Minutes later, I heard repeated loud knocks on my door.
"I said i want to be alone," i yelled in fury.
"Like i care." Anne slammed the door opened and staggered in.

She walked straight to the adjoining bathroom and took a quick bath. I watched as she stepped out wrapped in my white towel, she opened my wardrobe and grabbed my pink pajamas. She raised it up, smiled at me and slide into it.

"That's my favorite Anne." I said.
She shrugged and joined me on the bed.

"What happened to you?" I asked as she laid beside me.

    Anne chuckled as Antoine and Gabriel pulled her hands at the bar.

"I feel like i am in a romantic drama where the lead actress get to scream let go off me." She yelled.
"I am sorry if that hurt you." Worried, Gabriel stared at her.
"I don't want to see you Antoine."
"But..."
"No buts." Gabriel cuts in. "You've hurt her alot."
"Don't act like you are her brother."  He moved closer to Gabriel ready to kick his face.
"Get the fuck out of here Antoine." She yelled and moved in between them.
"You are drunk let's go home." He dragged her hand.
"Let me go." Tears streamed down her cheeks. "Please take me home Gabriel." She held his hand firmly as they walk out of the bar leaving Antoine in fury.

"I was perplexed to wake up in Gabriel car." She stretched her legs on the bed.
"It might sound funny but this is fate playing its game." I chuckled as i stared at Anne facial expressions.
"I don't think he'll ever forgive me." She tried to keep the tears at bay.
"Come here you." I dragged her and she sobs softly on my shoulder.
"I really don't know what i feel for Antoine any more."
"We all know you had a crush on him but that's not love Anne."
"Perhaps we need to end it."
"If that will give you peace." I pat her back. "You are a very bold girl Anne." I grinned.

Anne closed her eyes feeling save in Laure's embrace. I contemplated on telling Anne about Liam, she's already having problems of her own with Antoine I feel sorry for her but i needed to get it out of my system.

"I met Liam last night." I sighed.
"This must be fate." She spoke softly.
"Hold your horses young lady and try not to yell at me." She nodded. " After what happened between us last night i thought maybe we are a thing."
"Holy cow! Laure,"
"My bad okay, I couldn't resist him." I buried my face in my palm.
"Don't tell me you..."
"It's not what you're thinking." I cut in. " So, i stepped out to meet him today and he was being intimate with that young lady from the boutique the other day."
"I told you to forget about Liam." She got up and glared at me.
"You just said this is fate."
"I thought he'll... Fine, we are probably bad at love." We embraced each other again.
"By the way,"
"Enough Laure, don't say another silly thing." We chuckled.
"I met Edouard and his girlfriend at the park."
"No way!" She exclaimed. " He said he's gonna ask you out."
"That's why you were acting silly that day." I laughed hard. "Why will Edouard be interested in a thing like me?"
"You are beautiful, have an amazing personality and fun to hang out with so yes, my brother will definitely fall for a girl like you." We chuckled. "I'll call him now." She stretched her hand and picked her phone by the bedstand.