Forward

DreamWorks Animation. Founded on October 12, 1994, this company was founded by former Disney executive Jeffrey Katzenberg, acclaimed director and producer Steven Spielberg, and record producer David Geffen, DreamWorks Animation is the animation studio division of DreamWorks SKG. Since its conception, DreamWorks Animation has been a massive competitor against Disney AND Pixar. I grew up during an interesting period in animation, and I do like DreamWorks Animated Movies. Out of all the CG animated movies not produced by Pixar, Shrek is my personal favorite. And to DreamWorks' credit, they're more than just another computer animation company. They have a lot of variety. They've done hand-drawn traditional animation, stop motion clay animation, you don't see Pixar doing that. DreamWorks has been willing to do films based on books and other intellectual property, you gotta respect the fact that this company is willing to take risks and experiment, especially with Universal buying the company. DreamWorks has done a lot of movies that sound stupid, but are greater than they have any right to be. But for every Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and How To Train Your Dragon, there's that one DreamWorks Animated movie that flies under the radar of a lot of people. I've mentioned that I like Shark Tale, which is often considered to be one of the worst DreamWorks Animated Movies. I disagree, I think there's value in it. But for this fan fiction, in honor of the recent release of The Bad Guys, I want to talk about the DreamWorks Animated Movies that I feel are underrated and deserve more love. I'm talking about the underdogs that are overlooked, overshadowed, not talked about enough, at least in my opinion. Now I'm sure there are some that will disagree with my opinion, and if you do, just take this list with a grain of salt. Also, special thanks to CharaDemonChild, who's second opinion is what inspired the honorable mentions for this nonfiction. Let's get to the countdown!