Honorable Mentions

I wasn't originally going to mention any more, but after talking it over with CharaDemonChild, I decided why not? So before I go to my number one, here are a few honorable mentions.

Rise Of The Guardians. This is one of Claire's favorites, and I think it's a good animated film as well. Chris Pine gives a great voice performance as Jack Frost and the story is pretty decent. It's actually based on a book series by William Joyce, the author behind Rolie Polie Olie and Meet The Robinsons. Due to not making enough of a profit at the box office, DreamWorks was forced to take a write down. It's a shame that this film hasn't gotten any sequels or even a TV series. At least it lives on through fan fictions and fan art.

Antz. This was the very first of DreamWorks' animated movies, the one that started it all. Some say Antz plagiarized A Bug's Life. Some say A Bug's Life plagiarized Antz. But the film is notable for being the second CG animated movie after Toy Story and also the first CG animated film to receive a PG rating. It was also the first time DreamWorks collaborated with PDI. If you're in the right mood, Antz is worth a watch.

Over The Hedge. Now this was a film I loved as a kid, and there are plenty of other young adults out there that grew up with this film. It may be a cliched "liar revealed" story, but the movie still makes me laugh. Plus it's one of the few animated movies to be based on a comic strip. That's right, Over The Hedge used to be a comic strip.

The Aardman Films. Now I'm a big fan of stop motion clay animation. And Aardman does a great job when it comes to that venture. In 1997, DreamWorks signed a deal with Aardman to produce five animated films. But due to creative differences and other circumstances, DreamWorks ended their contract with Aardman, the British animation studio only making three movies out of the five. Those three movies were Chicken Run, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, and Flushed Away, the last one being the first CG animated movie for Aardman. I was debating with myself whether to include these on the list or not, especially since Curse of The Were-Rabbit won an Oscar for best animated movie (one of the few stop motion animated films to be given that high honor). I feel these films at least deserve to be mentioned for their humor, and great animation in stop motion clay and CGI.

And one last mention, I want to mention this in honor of the upcoming Puss in Boots sequel. Shrek Forever After. It may not be as great as the first two Shrek films, but it's a massive improvement over Shrek The Third, and it feels like a return to form for the character, and for a finale for our favorite ogre, it's a good send off with good callbacks. And now, on to number one!