Genie Man

The night rolled on and Jake and Sarah were still twittering away. By text, of course, God forbid Sarah to have a social life outside of school. She had to turn off her notifications while she worked in her living room. If her mum had seen his name pop up on her phone, quite simply, Sarah would be a dead man.

She was quite clever in hiding things from her mum's department. All notifications were off, sound off, try to use it as little as she could when she worked in the living room. She literally couldn't go to her room till at least 8 o'clock, so her mum could monitor her every free moment of the day. Freedom was not a thing in the Khan home.

Once 8 o'clock came along, on the other hand, the girl could run up to her room and enjoy watching YouTube or Netflix on her iPad and text who she wants without the nervousness that her mum may do an on-the-spot check of her phone.

Nowadays, that entire time before she decided to sleep we're filled with texting Jake. Talking to him after a long day, especially after the weekend always seemed to cheer her up, leaving her with a smile plastered on her face.

What do they talk about you ask? Everything and anything. Think about the most random thing you could speak to someone about, and multiply it by ten. And the conversation never seemed to slow or end. If it got late, they'd just continue it when they woke up the next day.

Today, their conversation had gone in a direction it hadn't seen yet. A more, let's say, mature direction.

They'd been texting about wishes, and what they wanted in the future. Then Jake texted...

What's one thing you want?-Jake

Sarah thought this had a very obvious answer, but she played along.

A house with a big garden, a car, and financial stability-Sarah

Something I can do- Jake

So, you gonna be my Genie Man?- Sarah

Yeah, why not? Tell me your first wish-Jake

A packet of chocolate buttons-Sarah

Done-Jake

So I'm getting some chocolate buttons then?-Sarah

See, Genies need a form of payment-Jake

What kind of payment?-Sarah

Well you know Genies have lamps right? And I think mine will need a rub to be able to give you your wish-Jake

Sarah dropped her phone on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Was the lamp him referring to his, nether regions? Sarah's stomach was going crazy, the butterflies were having a field day. Who knew innocent Lil Jake could be so, upfront? Her face was burning red, and she was feeling all sorts of things, everywhere.

Well I'm sure I can give it a rub for my three wishes-Sarah

Done deal then. Your wishes for a rub of my lamp-Jake

Her heart was skipping every beat. She was imagining all sorts of things and was laughing to herself. Does this mean he likes her back?

The next day...

Morning sprung and Sarah was in high spirits. But her getting ready got slower and slower as she got to know Jake. She would always spend extra time picking what she wore and doing her makeup perfectly, just in case she spoke to Jake or if he saw her. Deep down she wanted to look good for him, even though she'd never admit it.