t w e n t y

It took painfully longer than the pink haired woman had predicted to walk the whole trek to her friends trailer park. If it weren't for the couple of breathers she was forced to take, Toni was almost certain she would've had a heat stroke. Her caramel skin would no doubt have darkened in the blinding heat pouring down onto their small town of Riverdale.

In Toni's opinion, it should be illegal to walk so far in a heat that could fry an egg. As the rustic metal of SweetPea's caravan came into view, the door appeared to be held ajar, her friend nowhere in sight. As she approached her eyes travelled around curious as to whether Fangs was lingering somewhere nearby.

"Sweets?"

Toni's meloncany voice bounced around the steel of the trailer, her question remaining unanswered. With a huff, she swung herself around in the doorway, brown eyes searching the plains before her. SweetPea wouldn't have left his home unattended and as the thought crossed her mind, the rev of an engine ripped through the silence.

With a wide grin, and a slight sparkle in her eyes the younger woman took a step down to greet her oldest friend. It had only been a handful of days since the pair had interacted with one another, their previous encounter had been slightly heavy handed. The tension between the two uncertain, but seeing her friend now, sweat beading along his forehead from the tightness of his helmet. Toni had missed him, and from the mirrored expression she could see he felt the same.

Despite the conflict that may occur between them every once in a while, their bond always remained strong. It was hard to find someone as loyal as one another, and in this town, they knew to stick beside the ones who defended your name when your back was turned.

"I can't remember the last time I've seen you with your hair braided like that," Sweet Pea chuckled lightly, hanging his helmet on the handle of his motorcycle. The vehicle was as gleaming as ever.

"Well, I felt like making an effort for once." The petite girl retorted, brushing a braid to trail down her back. "What's with the trailer being left unlocked? Is there a Rottweiler hiding somewhere in there?"

"I was just dropping some wild shit to a customer for old Fitzberg over there," Toni watched her friend gesture to the ancient drug dealer who lived in the trailer across, the man lying in a baseball cap, pipe cradled loosely in his mouth. The sight made the woman cringe, "Said he'd watch out for me whilst I was gone. Only took ten minutes, but never mind that, you're practically glowing."

"Oh Sweets, you know the agreement, no flirting." The student smirked softly, a playful look dancing along her expression. Basking in the sight of watching him squirm, a look of disgust forming shortly after her words.

"It was an observation, idiot. You look happy, I can only assume someone got laid last night?" With a wiggle of his bushy eyebrows, his eyes crinkled in a smile as Toni's cheeks blushed a furious pink. A part of her wondered if this was really how she acted after she'd slept with someone, surely the only time she felt giddy wasn't purely because of a session of good sex.

"No, actually, I'm just in a good mood."

"Well that's a first."

"Shove off, I'm not always so miserable, you know." Taking a long stride towards Sweet Peas' ride, Toni plonked herself on the cushioned seat. The need to rest after her ten mile walk is stronger than ever. "You wouldn't believe how long it took me to walk here, dude. I'm exhausted."

If Sweet Pea knew she'd tell him the truth, he'd have asked where she could possibly have come from to have taken so long. But in this moment, her happiness was all that mattered, not questioning it. The Serpent shrugged his leather jacket from his shoulders, the sheer sound of leather against sweat lathered skin caused them both to fake a heave. It was crazy how the weather could change overnight, from pouring in rain the night before, to scolding heat the next day.