Capabilities and Desires: Cyrus POV

***WARNING: This chapter contains gore, violence, and blood. Read at your own discretion.***

The floor somehow feels colder. Maybe I'm delusional, sitting here in between the torture. Who knows at this point? I'm sure they're starting to believe that I'm slowly falling apart under the abuse, though I wonder if that's the case. To me, it seems...different. The pain feels...farther away. Their words feel even further. So far... As if I'm at the bottom of a chasm that gets deeper every day. A laugh bubbled from my lips, bouncing off the concrete and metal that surrounded me. Even my own thoughts are starting to sound strange but I don't feel the least bit concerned. Should I? The volume of laughter increases at the thought. Out of the myriad of issues that have become my life, I'm considering 'strange thoughts' as the one to be immediately concerned about. The air in the cell vibrated slightly while I was giggling. I ignored it and continued to laugh.

"Hey...!"

I hummed in curiosity at the distant voice. My eyes lazily roved around the room until they landed on a male figure. Was it him? I snorted. Did it matter? Did any of this? I'm sorry Leo. Maybe they're breaking me slowly. I giggled some more. Breaking me. Would Leo even believe it? He thinks so highly of me at times but look at me now; giggling to myself in the back of a cell.

"I said shut up...!"

Though the words were just as far as the first, for some reason, they resonated in my head. It wasn't the first time they'd ordered me to do anything, but this feeling was new. My lips spread into a smile as I responded to the figure on the other side of the bars,

"Why?"

"What...?!"

I tilted my head, still smiling,

"Why? Does it bother you? Or, better yet; should I care?"

He responded, but it sounded even further away. All I could hear was the sound of my own breaths and my relaxed heartbeat. Interesting. I blinked as the figure opened the door to the cell and walked inside. He slammed the door behind himself as he approached me. His scent filled the space. He was a wolf, an alpha. How surprising. His eyes glowed a deep blue as he approached. I'm sure he was saying something, but I wasn't concerned. Even though I was chained to the wall behind me by my wrists, I felt no concern. No fear. No anxiety. For the first time, I felt none of the things that had continuously fought for dominance the longer I was here. Instead, I felt something new. My head was yanked upward roughly by my hair, causing my scalp to tingle uncomfortably, though I wasn't excessively bothered by it. My eyes glowed as I held the gaze of the male. His teeth flashed as he slammed my head against the wall behind me. I continued to smile; unfazed. The new feeling was the only thing I focused on despite the male figure continuing to speak while occasionally slamming my head against the wall. As I continued looking at the male target in front of me, that feeling, this thirst ingrained itself deep within; the edges of my vision reddening. Focusing. My pupils studied his jugular as my claws extended along with my fangs. Nothing mattered. Not the subtle burning smell of the silver on my skin nor the words this figure was saying. Only my thirst, my desire to see the target beg for his life as I tear him apart. As the desire became all-encompassing, I felt energy coursing through my veins. My smile widened at the refreshing feeling as I grasped the chains tightly.

As he lifted my head once more, I yanked the chains from the wall; brick dust flying into the target's eyes, causing him to flinch away from me. He wasn't far for long as my clawed fingers dug into his chest and gripped his rib cage; pulling him closer before ripping a rib from his chest as he screamed in pain. Hm? A weapon. The target growled to cut his scream as he took an offensive position in front of me. I tilted my head slightly in curiosity before leaping toward him. Dodging his claws, I dug his rib into his chest and hooked it under the rest of the ribcage like a crowbar. In the next moment, a hole was opened up as his body was messily relieved of the upper half of its ribcage. The target fell backward in shock, his eyes twitching slightly in shock as his pupils shook subtly. I watched his heart beat frantically as his fear scent intermingled with the heavy scent of blood. My fist made quick work of the twitching organ turning it into meat paste before I checked his body for the key. My search was cut short as my body flew back along with a powerful gunshot. I glanced at the hole in my shoulder before looking through the bars at four pairs of eyes. Specifically, a cold pair of pale green eyes that only made my desire increase.

"You seem to have a death wish, pet."

I let out a short, scornful laugh before meeting his gaze steadily,

"My only wish is to relieve your corpse of the heart you've never used. I'm sure it doesn't want to be buried along with you, I mean, who would?"

He laughed, unamused, before gesturing to one of the people beside him,

"Get that idiot's corpse out of there."

The moment the door closed, I jumped on the new target, ripping the throat out completely and separating the head from the body. Marren clicked his tongue in annoyance. I looked at him with an amused smile while tossing the removed throat at his feet,

"Oh, please send another. I'm curious if the outcome will change."

"Don't get beside yourself, pet. You know what I'm capable of."

I raised my eyebrow,

"You're right."

He smiled triumphantly, a sick amusement creeping into his eyes as he turned to walk away, though my voice stopped him,

"But the real question is, Marren: are you sure of what I'm capable of?"