Stabilize: Leo POV

Wires. Wires and tubes and monitors. More than I had seen attached o anyone. Wolves, or rather, shifters, were rarely in such a state where things like this were necessary. But now...now, for the first time in my life, someone was. The last person I ever wanted to see in such a state was lying in front of me with all of these things attached to them. Whether it was for the sake of monitoring or medicating they were hooked up to my baby's pale body either way. Pale. That was the only word I could use to describe him and I hated it. All of the color that had been coming back was gone ten-fold. He looked almost ghostly as his body fought desperately. He'd seized nearly 5 times before they were even able to stabilize him to this degree and that, to me, wasn't even the scariest thing. No, the scariest part of all of this was that this was a temporary fix. The only good thing was that he wasn't dying, but he was barely alive. I gently drew circles on the back of his hand. As I did so, thoughts of what Mary had explained to me about Cy's condition circled my brain.

His body had been healing, trying to heal, but there were silver particles that were mixed into the wound. Small enough to not fully hinder the process, but in enough quantity to integrate into both the wound and bloodstream. It poisoned the wound, stopping the basic clotting and healing process and dilating the veins before entering the circulatory system. Sudden fever and seizures were only the beginning. Silver Shock Syndrome. It was so rare that very particular conditions had to be met in order to cause anything more than severe flu-like symptoms. Strange things, like using silver instruments to perform a back alley hysterectomy. I growled thinking of all the pain Marren had caused and continued to cause the one person I wanted to give only happiness. Someone who deserved only happiness and yet he endured more pain than anyone ever should. But my baby was a survivor. A true fighter. I knew he would continue to do so and I could only hope we could get our hands on the cure. It was simple, but hard to get a hold of. Wolfberry serum. The same thing that had been used as part of Cy's most terrifying trauma was also his lifeline. It was hard to get ahold of because it was hard to process it in the way that was most beneficial. Even after processing it, it still needed to be further refined and concentrated. Even more so for my baby's treatment.

I sighed. I was sad, damn near depressed, but unable to cry. I had no more tears. Only anger. So much anger. More than I had ever felt. Anger and n intense thirst for Marren's head on a platter. I wished I could just go there now and rip him apart slowly; watching as that look of indignant and arrogant superiority that I'd seen on his face twisted into one of fear and pain. A raspy, soft, groan left my baby's throat. I sighed as I caressed his feverish forehead. Though we tried to keep him unconscious for the most part he would occasionally come to slightly. Anytime this happened he had the same reaction; a slight sound of pure discomfort before he succumbed to the medication once more. As his breathing evened out once again, I traced the contours of his face with my thumb. There was a soft click that drew my attention slightly. I didn't bother turning around until I smelled the scent of my baby girl. My eyes met her sleeping figure in the arms of my dad. I smiled thankfully in spite of all my intense emotions about the current situation. It was so hard to face her questioning and confused eyes. She was so close to her mama and hadn't been held by him for 3 days. I could only tell her that her mama was sleeping. Even though she wasn't even a year old yet, I could tell she didn't buy.

Carefully, I took her from my dad's arms and held her close to my chest. Unconsciously, she snuggled against me; trying to get closer to the sound of my heartbeat. It was one of the most comforting things to her during such a confusing time. As I sat back in front of Cy, I felt my dad's hand on my shoulder. He didn't say anything, just squeezed my shoulder slightly. We stayed like that in silence. Both of us watching Cy's slow, but steady breaths while lost in our thoughts. I'm not sure how long we stayed like that before I spoke, breaking the pensive atmosphere slightly,

"Did they finish evacuating that place?"

After bringing Cy home, we had that place, that waypoint, put under surveillance with the help of our visitors. Queen was going to help as well, but after...after the change in Cy's condition and the sudden necessity of a hard-to-get item, he flew back to the city to look for it through his connections. He tried to keep us updated on his search, but it had only been about 2 days since he'd started the search. Dad growled slightly at the mention of the waypoint. The reports we received were very vague concerning activity around that area but it was to be expected since the building was confirmed to have sub-levels. We could only guess at how many there actually were when we couldn't get inside. Dad took a breath to calm whatever emotions were raging within him,

"They have, just barely. That being said, they didn't get away fully. Our visitors have sent a tracking team after them. Hopefully, we can figure out the location of one of their more important hubs."

Even though it wasn't perfect, it was better than nothing at all. It was a hope that I-, that we would be able to do some damage to not only Marren but also whatever the fuck they were trying to achieve in the long run, and hope was something that was truly needed right now.