The Waking

First it was Vast, Then it was nothing. I don't remember a before. But I remember A now. I remember speaking around me. Many voices arguing, Is what my mind told me. But I did not open my eyes yet. I was tired. I only wanted to sleep. If I slept then when I woke I could learn. 

Deen I tahw eb ot Worg. Worg dna Nrael.

I closed my eyes. I would rest now. Rest and let those that Argue finish.

                                                    ~////////////////////////////////////////////~

Cecil was excited to be out with his Husband. Freshly Married and he was finally able to take a small break along with his Perfect Carlos. It had gotten harder as of late for Cecil to get out of his Office. Needing to prepare for his show Seven days a week was after all quite hard to do. He had even had to forgot his Honeymoon with his sweet Carlos to do his show. Truly being the Voice of his Beautiful town was as Tiring as it was Interesting.

Just today he had to start working on a repot on a Case of Throat spiders that had Broken out at the Nightvale MiddleSchool. He had also had to make talk to the Sheriff's secret police about some strange Sightings. Though he had been less then willing to speak. 

So when Carlos Suggested a Calm walk. Cecil had Jumped at it. He wanted nothing more then to hold his Husbands arm and walk across the dunes. He could feel his Markings move across his skin as he smiled softly. Truly it was a wonderful day. They walked Carlos told him about a new experiment. He had been studying a few of the Plant life here in Nightvale. All was good until they saw something Blow from the Dunes they had been walking on.

a Finger.. then a Hand... Then an Arm. all connected. Carlos ran to see while Cecil followed. It was then that Cecil saw Two people rushing forward as well. Two very Familiar people. Kevin with his Bright smile. Pulled to Tight it looked painful just looking at it. Against his arm was a Man Cecil had not meet before but also had. 

It was a man looking so much like his Sweet Perfect Carlos. But not. This man's hair was cut unlike his Carlos beautiful lose shoulder lengthen hair. This man was not wearing a Scientist Lab coat. This man was not his Carlos. No he was a Double just as Kevin was his own Double. This Man was Smiling so brightly that it looked like it hurt. Kevin grinned wider, something Cecil didn't know was possible. 

"Cecil, Cecil it's a child" Cecil looked away from the approaching Kevin and down to the hand his Carlos own hand. The hand was connected to an arm just as he thought and the Arm was connected to a small child's body. they were quite an unusual being all on their own.

Half Blond hand Brunette. They lay on the Dunes quite as a mouse. One would almost think them sleeping if not for the wounds. No they were not sleeping but instead passed out. Possibly from blood loss. 

"Goodness, Carlos, Cecil! Now this is a surprise!' Kevin had gotten close... To Close. Their knife still secure to his hip gleamed in the setting sun's light.

"Kevin? It's been a while" Carlos said looking confused then shook his head.

"I'm sorry but It looks like we won't be able to talk this poor kid needs some medical attention" Kevin blinked and looked down. The Not Carlos crouched down. It was almost spooky how closely they looked alike. It was also Spooky how close Cecil and Keven looked. Their hair were opposite giving at least some way to tell. Kevin's was a deep dark brown while Cecil's was a white blond. While Cecil's markings were a purple Kevin's were a gold yellow. Contrasting with his Sun tanned skin. Tanned from that Bright sun they seem to Praise to happily.

"Well now that is a problem. You see this child is on our side of the Dunes" Kevin giggled. Cecil glared at him.

'I think not, They are on our side thus they will be brought to our Medical center." Carlos looked between them and shook his head.