Chapter 2: Yusei vs Trudge

Half way to the hideout, Yusei was trying not to spaz out so he could concentrate on driving.

"Yusei," The raven haired man looked down at his screen where the strange robot face symbol was glowing red. It looked as if Optimus was speaking through the Speakers of the Duel Screen. "May I ask you another question? This... vehicle that I have taken form of, it feels strange as if... one part of me remains dormant... untapped..."

"What do you mean?" Yusei asked as he saw the screen come to life and seemingly activate a duel screen. He knows he didn't activate it and he also knew that no one else was forcing him into a duel, so it stood to reason that Optimus seemed to be trying out his new body and looking through their technology.

It was kind of interesting as Yusei quickly thought about it. Optimus had the power to transform into other machines, but didn't quite know what type of machine they were turning into. Perhaps if he wasn't so dazed, he would have loved to know more about this transforming ability.

Optimus' voice came out. "This... duel system... it seems to be reacting to my Spark... what is it?"

"Duel system?" Yusei blinked as he looked back at the screen. "Well it's kind of long to explain, but in basic terms our society revolves heavily around the dueling system."

Yusei saw a data stream on the screen, his eyes widened in surprise as he recognize some of the data streams passing by. Those were some of the same data that he had catalogued manually into his Duel Runner. Yusei was amazed that Optimus was able to copy his old duel runner to this extent. But what was going on?

The screen turned back to the face symbol as Yusei drove around some debris. "I accessed some of the memory banks the previous vehicle held, but I do not understand what this duel monster process is? From what I could gather, it almost looks like a gladiatorial sport?"

Yusei felt humbled as the tone of curiosity came out from the electronic speakers. In a strange way, even Optimus must have had questions of his own. There was some odd sense of comfort knowing he wasn't the only one truly lost in all of this. "Well Optimus, I suppose it would be like..."

Yusei trailed off as he heard a familiar sound heading his way. "... Like I'm going to have to show you that sooner than you think."

Right behind him were a group of Sector Security cops, one car, and one other turbo duelist. Both of them were trailing after Yusei with their sirens blaring.

"Who are they?" Optimus inquired.

"Someone we probably don't want to meet right now." Yusei spoke before punching the accelerator and going faster than he originally expected.

"The heck? What is with that Duel Runner?" The Turbo Duelist, Tetsu Trudge.

For Sector Security noted as he saw the rouge Duel Runner move even faster than a regular duel runner

'Sir," The Turbo Duelist looked over to the Police Car. "There's something off. Our Scanners aren't able to completely identify that Duel Runner. There's some kind of error whenever we try to scan it."