8: Babysitting

Wooo. Its Friday again. Yah know what that means. Start writing chapters at 10:38 pm and pulling all nighters. Anyways I recently saved a magpie. Lost the broken winged bird after 24 hours of surveillance. I think it is dead by now. On to the chapter.

-----

Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee were out bounding with their charges. Optimus was in his room, Ratchet doing research on the purple goop.

It was the perfect time for a flight, which is just what Church was planing to do. He heard some scraping metal and scuttering, but he ignored it. Maybe a Cybertronian pest of sorts? What ever it was, it should be harmless, right?

Church rocketed away from base. G-forces and wind having no effect on him while he twisted through the singular cloud. Nevada may have dull skies, but the heat makes air currents rise. Church suddenly felt a shiver. The kind of shiver that happens when something bad is happening. He passed off the thoughts as turbulence.

/Church./ Optimus called the seeker through the coms. A message after a bad feeling, must be a coincidence.

/Yes O.P.?/ Church responded.

/Ratchet and I are going on a private mission. Return to base in case Arcee decides to abandon the humans./ Optimus informed. Arcee's shout of protest was heard in the background.

/Will do Prime. We both know she is going to. Might as well help poor Bulkhead. I bet Arcee will take Bumblebee on a 'scouting mission' because she is in charge./ Church huffed in amusement.

Church halted his leisurely flight, returning to the Autobot base. He passed by Fouler's helicopter.

Church soon arrived to base. Bulkhead was alone with the adolescent humans. "So, um... whats on the activities list?"

Church chuckled, "I have about five minutes to spare before Fowler gets here. Might as well pass the time." Church watched the children form a half-afted rock band. Hiding in a quiet portion of the room to avoid the hyper active punk girl.

The proximity sensor goes off. Church leaned against the wall, watching Bulkhead's attempt to hide the kids.

Fowler stomped to the railing. "PRIME!" He shouted.

Bulkhead straightened up, avoiding eye contact with the human. "A-Agent Fowler. Guh, he's not here. N-No body's here. Erm, 'cept for me of coarse."

Church gasped. "Bro, I feel so offended." Bulkhead turned his head in surprise. He did not see Church enter.

Fowler sighed. "Well where did he go? Wait. Don't tell me. He's out pancaking a mini mall." He approached the stairs. "Now I don't know what language you bots speak on your planet, but Prime promised he will handle the Decepticons. And blowing a crater in the middle of Nebraska is NOT what the word Handle means in English. So you tell prime-" Fowler was interrupted by the sound of Miko's guitar. "Since when were you bots electric?"

Bulkhead's eyes widened. Church spoke up. "Hey Will, there is some things i need to catch you up on. Optimus is out hunting the big bad Decepticon leader with Ratchet right now. The crater was caused by the Decepticon droids firing at Cliffjumper." Church transforms to activate his holo form. The hiding children had a different idea in mind.

The trio of high school students stepped into the agent's view. Jack breaks the awkward silence. "Hey."

Fowler glared at the two bots. "Contact with civilians. Team Prime has really gone off book this time. Wait, Don't tell me. You're running a daycare."

Church sighed. He walked towards agent Fowler while in holo form. "Kids, excuses won't get us out of this. William, the children got close to a Decepticon fight, so now the Decepticons think these children are our allies. That means they will hunt them down. So Optimus thought it was reasonable to put the children under our protection. Unless the government has some MIB technology that can wipe minds, it is too late to do anything about this."