Chapter 2

You were horrified as you felt yourself dematerializing into a red portal hanging in the darkening sky above. Your panicked (__e/c__) eyes met with Link's equally alarmed ocean blue hues as he regained consciousness.

You tried to call out to him, but it was too late. Your whole form was carried through the eerie portal in bits and pieces to another realm. As you traveled through the mysterious gate in space, you felt your entire life flash through your mind in a split second. Memories you couldn't possibly recall and more poured through you; your birth in a vast field; a quietly weeping woman leaving you as a newborn on the mayor's doorstep; meeting Link for the first time; growing up in Ordon with your friends; Link, Ilia, and the children being kidnapped by Zant's minions; Link's return; the laundry, the wound, the kiss: all of it. You were left shaking, sobbing, and confused when you finally rematerialized in a dimly lit chamber.

"Wh-where-" you began to cry out.

"Quiet, my angel, all is well." Zant's hot, damp breath on your ear shot a shiver down your already shaking spine. When you became aware of his long, chilly arms still wrapped around you, you began to struggle.

"LET GO OF ME, BASTARD!" you screeched at the top of your lungs. Using all the force you could muster, you lifted your foot and launched it into Zant's, ahem, private region.

He collapsed to the ground with a cry of pain and his arms slipped from around you to cradle his damaged manhood. You took this opportunity to make a run for the massive wooden door in front of you, the only exit you could see. You slipped through it as quickly as you could, and scrambled down the chilly stone hallways with one objective in mind: escaping. That was until you heard heavy footsteps thundering closer and closer to you, with a regrettably familiar voice calling out for you.

'Hide. I've gotta hide.'

You ran into an unlocked room and searched frantically for a safe place to conceal yourself.

"__f/n__, dear, wherever have you gone off to?"

Oh goddesses, he's so close! Within an instant your eyes locked onto a spacious looking wardrobe. That's pretty obvious though, isn't it?

"Don't worry, my love; I will find you~." Zant's voice called out to you tauntingly.

'He's right outside the door!'

Without a moment more of hesitation, you flung yourself as stealthily as you could at the hiding place, swung the door open, and shut yourself securely inside, taking deep breaths to quiet the soft whimpers that escaped your traitorous lips.

KABLAM!

You suppressed a yelp as you heard the door to the room slam open. You squeezed your eyes shut and curled up as small as your body would allow.

Nayru, Farore, Din, anyone, please don't let this demon find me!!!

"I'm growing tired of this game, my love. If you stay hidden much longer, I'm afraid I may lose my temper." he growled impatiently. You listened intensely to the slow, heavy thumps of his footfalls echoing around the room as he inspected the entire space intently. Finally, he gave an exasperated sigh and you heard his footsteps growing fainter and fainter, until all that accompanied you was silence. You sighed in relief and relaxed your tense muscles.

"That was a close one." you muttered almost silently to yourself.

"It certainly was, wasn't it, love?" a sickeningly sweet voice whispered in reply right behind you. All of the blood drained from your face, your entire body froze in a state of utter terror. Before you could regain your reflexes, long, chilly arms trapped you against the large Twili. You felt his humid breath in your ear once again.