Best Friends

Finn shows up to y/n's doorstep. The rain is now pouring. Lightening, lighting up the sky like fireworks. Thunder crashing with a deafening tone.

There he stands. Not knowing if the puddles on his face are from rain or tears. Knocking on the door before he thinks.

Y/n cautiously opens the door to see the boy with bloodshot eyes, pale skin, as though he's seen a ghost, his lips the color of crushed cherries. A few strands of hair stuck to his face like crack in a broken vase.

She knew.

"I-" Finn sputters out.

"Shh, come here. It's okay, it's okay. Shh." y/n says as she brings him close to her warm body, just have gotten out of bed. Her eyes start filling up with tears, knowing the boy is left all alone. No family left.

"It just-" Finn again tried to start but instantly breaks down again.

"You don't have to talk, it's okay just sit here and breathe with me." Y/n says as she moves pieces of hair off of the helpless boy that lay on her lap.

"It's okay Finn."

He starts turning red as he hears y/n's words. Full of sadness and grief. He looks up at y/n. Pulling her into a hug he can't speak.

They sit, for what feels like hours, hugging and crying.

"C'mon let's get you a shower and dry clothes on." Y/n says as she pulls away from the hug, still hand in hand with the poor boy.

"I...okay." he manages to say.

The two teenagers head upstairs to y/n's bathroom and y/n lays out a pair of baggy sweatpants and an oversized hoodie onto the bathroom counter as he gets in the shower.

Y/n sits on her bed. Tears soaking her face and hands thinking of the poor boy. When she hears the shower shut off she wipes away her tears and takes a sip of water.

A few minutes later Finn comes into her room and wraps his arms around himself. Trying to keep the warm from the shower intangled in the hoodie.

Y/n stands up and walks over to him to give him a long hug. " It's okay, let's get some sleep okay?"

Knowing he could not sleep, Finn simply states "okay." And crawls into bed with his best friend. The person who has been there for him his whole entire life.

Y/n drifts off to sleep. Finn, awake and silently crying, careful not to wake the girl next to him. His eyes get heavy and he falls asleep. Thankful of his best friend always being there for him.

484 words! What do you guys think about this story so far? Sorry I haven't updated. Working on it and dealing with family issues. Depending on if you guys like it or not I will be making more imagines!