Chapter 1

It was a warm sunny day as the Stealth and Subterfuge class stood to attention, which was uncomfortable since their capes were very warm and they couldn't take them off. They were all waiting for Hunter to arrive at the class as he was late which was strange as he wasn't known for tardiness.

"Hunter isn't usually late," Jordan observed what Alex was thinking. He was standing next to her, as everyone was standing in a line. Declan leaned past Alex to answer him.

"He must have something planned, Hunter is usually late to add to the 'dramatic effect'." He said with air quotes. Jordan chuckled with a grin.

"This is going to be fun!" He excitedly chatted with her. A smile was painted across his face, like it always was when he was in the Stealth and Subterfuge and so Alex smiled with him.

Minutes passed until Hunter arrived, carrying a single piece of paper and a satchel that was slung over his shoulder. He dramatically shook out the paper as if there was a sense of urgency.

"Today, you'll be taking a trip and just like your last one, I'll leave clues for you all to follow. You leave in 5 minutes." Hunter told them immediately. Alex internally groaned but was cut short as Pip asked something.

"Why are you telling us now and not before we're supposed to leave?" She asked in a confused tone. A couple of her classmates murmured their confusion too but Alex stayed silent.

"To make it harder. If you were prepared, that would be too easy and nobody wants it to be easy." He explained without any further context.

Alex found herself disagreeing while someone else asked, "How long will this trip be?

Overnight?"

'Again, that would be too easy if I told you. You'll find out. Any more questions?" He told everyone.

Everyone stayed silent except for Pip once again asked, "What about classes? If the trip runs into Monday, will we be excused from our other classes?" Hunter sighed.

"Yes," He answered before holding up the page to show the class it. "Now, this will guide you." He handed the page to Tom who started perusing it. His eyebrows furrowed and he frowned.

"It says we just have to go." He announced. Hunter grinned but showed no other outward reaction. He took out a bubbledoor from his pocket and held it.

"Is everyone ready to go?" He asked again when no one else said anything.

Alex looked around the forest, seeing if she was missing anything. The trees were there as usual, all of her classmates were there, the bubbledoor was ready... Then Alex realised what was missing.

"Wait, are we going to take anything like last time?" She asked, recalling the duffle bag and the extremely heavy storybook she was forced to lug across the mountain ranges. She looked around again to double check there were no heavy storybooks in her future.

"Well... I wasn't planning for you to have any items but... I would hate to receive a stern talking from Professor Marselle. I suppose everyone has two minutes to go grab anything you might need." He declared with a thoughtful tap on the chin.

Nobody moved from where they were standing as Hunter didn't seem like he was serious.

"I said two minutes, GO" He yelled to them, causing the class to all frantically scramble in a run to various places.

Alex tapped into her meyarin senses, beating Pip and Declan to their own respective dorms as she was sure Hunter was dead serious about the two minutes. Ignoring D.C who was relaxing on her bed with Bear sitting on Alex's, she ran straight to her wardrobe. She pulled out a backpack and started stuffing clothes in it, not caring what she found. She also made sure to pack an emergency first aid kit, a bottle of water and some snacks that she kept in the dorm. When Pip made it to her dorm she did the same, along with Declan packed their own bags. They all returned to the forest with backpacks full of clothes and other things they thought they needed.

Blink and Jordan, ran straight to the mini snack area in the dormitory building, making sure to pack a plentiful amount of snacks. They rushed back to the forest with their pockets stuffed with snacks that were notably, not nutritious.

Kaiden had run to the Arena. He went straight to the armour and grabbed two pairs of armour. He also grabbed a set of knives and a sword before running back to the forest.

Tom had made his way to Fletcher's ward. He ran straight to the cupboard where a first aid kit was and then to another cupboard that had an emergency kit. He ran back to the forest where the rest of the class was.

Once the class had arrived back in the forest, Hunter resumed speaking, not bothering to see what everyone brought.

"Now you will leave in a moment. Any final questions?" Alex mindlessly looked around the group to see what they brought. It was a good variety though she did realise she should have brought something that could have been much more useful than some clothes she might not even need.

She wasn't paying too much attention to Hunter rather than thinking about the dreaded trip, which had resulted in her being the last person left. She didn't notice Hunter smashing the bubbledoor.

"Alex, it's time to go now." He waited, watching her shake herself out of the daze she was in.

"Why are we going on a trip? And where are we going?" She asked without moving closer to the bubbledoor.

"You'll find out, it's all a part of the experience." He assured her with a grin. She frowned at the lack of answer.

"I presume you are coming with us like last time?" She clarified while she still had the chance. She fixed up the backpack's straps and took a couple of steps before the bubbledoor. She waited for Hunter to answer.

"No, this time I have faith you'll all survive. That is unless you are scared of bugs and insects." He joked to Alex's dismay. She shrugged before stepping into the bubbledoor and being whisked away. 

A/N: Hello My Dudes, This is my new fanfiction... I'm letting you all know now, there is no plot lmao so take  from that what you will :) Also I don't plan this being a long fanfic but who knows! And let's remember I do not post consistently loL

Thank youuuuuuu!