Chapter Thirty Two

I arrived home, and took a few slow breaths before getting out of the car. I needed to act ok and not like I had been shot 24 hours ago. This matter needed to stay between me and Damien before I got all the facts right.

I opened the front doors to my home and was greeted by an eerily quiet house, knowing well that people were inside it. Perhaps there all busy doing stuff that doesn't concern me.

"Onyx to the family room" my father called as soon as I shut the front door. I clicked my tongue as I hoped I could slink to my room. He must've been waiting for me when he realized I don't come back last night. I began to walk towards the family room wondering what was so important to talk about.

My father sat on the couch with a grim expression as well as my brother who sat besides him. While Dolce who stood up on the one side of the couch had a annoying grin on his face. I started to feel nervous as the paranoia nipped at my back.

"Where were you." He asked blankly, and I sat on the couch in front of him.

"No where father, I was just doing my nightly rounds. Took longer then usual" I lied and he slammed his fist on the coffee table. That's a bad sign.

"Don't lie to me boy. I should've known something was a miss when you started neglecting your responsibilities" he growled out and my eyes flickered to Craven who gave me an indifferent look.

"I don't understand-" I played dumbly.

"To associate with an Arif, does our family mean nothing to you? All the work we've done and you are ready to throw it all away." He spat out and my eyes widened, how did he find out? Was it craven? Did he tail me to Damien's house? But that means he would've seen me at the warehouse, no way he would've seen me injured and not help out- right?

"Who told you that-" I went on angrily.

"It doesn't matter who! I should've left you in that cell years ago if I knew you were going to whore yourself to the enemy. I should've known something like you couldn't ever be a man" he said angrily and I fell in shock.

I forgot about that incident years ago, the incident that lead my father to take me in. Back then I vowed I'd never do such a heinous thing again but look at where I am now. But to think he'd use that against me- it hurts.

"Listen to me father, there's something more going on. I believe someone is framing the Arifs-" I tried to explain and he raised his hand to shut me up.

"To think this twisted puppy love would make you so delusional... Craven escort him out. Onyx youll be shunned till I feel like dealing with you. Dolce and I will speak about where to put your work load" he said heavy sighing and standing up. I sat there in shock, realizing that this was exactly what I wanted to avoid.

He left the room with his creep of a side man following behind. I took glared at craven now, he was the only one who could've known!

"You bastard we're you trailing me last night?" I seethed and he gave me a nasty glare back.

"So you were meeting up with that bastard, I told you it wouldn't be good." He challenged, he wanted to act as if he knew everything.

"So you went and snitched?" I said standing up and grabbed him by the collar, but i immediately faltered as pain shot up in my leg and I fell besides him back onto the couch.