Chapter Twenty one

The week had passed. It was the day of graduation, having already gotten my cap and gown I just had to put it on and wait. They were holding the graduation on the rugby field, walk across grab your piece of paper then go home. When I thought about it- it scared me. This was my last day of high school and I had managed to waste half of it, after this was the real world.

Damien still hadn't explained to me anything the whole week but he had come and seen me more then he had in the last couple months. I still was upset and didn't acknowledge him most of the time but he didn't seem to mind. I didn't want to step out of my room, I was waiting for him to walk through my door.

I was nervous since I hadn't seen him since yesterday evening, he didn't come to see me last night. I hope he comes soon and explains everything to me- I'll take anything at this point I just miss being with him.

I waited and waited and the intercom went off.

"The graduation ceremony is canceled. It will be postponed to a later date. Please get ready to leave by 12" it beeped and my mouth dropped open, it was canceled? Why?

Knowing that the dreaded event was cancelled I left my room, the hallway was busy. Students were in there cap and gowns looking confused, they chattered about why and what could've happened. I walked the halls looking for Damien, he should've been on campus by now.

Through the school windows I saw them taking down the decorations and the stage. What could've happened for them to cancel it? it didn't look like it was because of the weather as it was clear skies.

I found Ramos who was chatting with some friends, his cap and gown in his hands. He looked confused like everyone else. It was so abrupt and like so many other things at this school- confusing.

"Hey do you know why they cancelled?" I asked immediately, he shook his head.

"No, I'm trying to find out myself. People are saying they called it off due to some family tensions- someone else said they heard a head was shot" he explained, my eye furrowed- this was all mafia related stuff. The ties the school had to the mafia was no joke, I heard the school is a central for mafia kids and get all there donations from mafia families.

"So they don't actually know, never mind that now, have you seen Damien?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck. He shook his head at me.

"No, haven't seen him since last night- but you can ask one of the other players they might know" he said to me and I nodded and continued on my way. I was a bit anxious now, where could he be? My thoughts flashed back to that shoot out, what if Damien got hurt? I doubted it but it was a thought that way in my head.

I spotted craven, outside of his room. He looked, not confused, but as if he had seen a ghost. I walked up to him and when he saw me he immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me into his room shutting it closed. I pulled my arm away from his painful grasp.

"Hey what's your problem" I asked, confused by the sudden roughness. Craven was all for beating me up before but I was hoping he had grown out of it.

"Arif. That's what, I was worried something like this would happen" he seethed, cursing and sitting on the edge of his bed.

"What?! What happened?" I asked surprised, Arif was Damien's family name. I grew worried with the mention, what had happened to him?

"Vincent Arif, was found murdered this morning. There saying the hit was done by our family" he explained bouncing his leg up and down, riddled with anxiety. My eyes widened, an Arif was killed? By us?

"Vincent who- and by us?!" I exclaimed trying to understand.

"Your little boyfriends father, the don, the fucking top dog of the Arif empire was murdered. My fathers right hand ensured me that we didn't call the hit but all signs are pointing to us." He muttered out in disbelief. My eyes widened, Damien's... dad is dead? Is that why he isn't here?

"But why would we do this, how could this happen?" I tried questioning to wrap my brain around it.

"Why? You see this is what happens when you come into something you know nothing about! The Arif and Giottos relationship has strained over the last decade, this was bound to happen" he stood up and checked his bags to make sure everything was packed.

"Damien never told me-"

"And he should've, but this is what you've signed up for. It's only going to get worse from here on out" he told me seriously and I felt a rock in the pit of my stomach.

Was this why he was avoiding me, afraid of being together? Because our families aren't getting along- because it made us enemies? How could I have known, if this is true and we did kill Damien's father, how could he ever even associate with me again.

I sat on Cravens bed, and wondered. What would happen from here on out? I'm sure father didn't do something like this, I know our name will be cleared.

I would've never guess how much would've changed after that day and that it wouldn't be till 5 years later till I saw him again.

Till I saw Damien again.

••••
FINALLY! The time skip I've been wanting to get too since chapter one. I was wondering if I should make a separate book for when there older but I've decided to just keep it all in here!

So yeah... now the real spicy stuff begins. I'm going to try and update this book at least once every two week if I can!

Again thanks for reading and getting me to #2 in crime that was awesome!  I never thought this book would even reach 1k views let alone almost 10!