Chapter 23: Bunk Buddies

Chapter 23

Bunk Buddies

***

Hello all! Long time no...read?

I'm not quite sure about that one but in any case, since I've been gone for awhile, I decided to add something a little fun and interesting to make up for my prolonged absence!!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm über into astrology, especially western astrology, so I've decided to do a fun lil tidbit at the end of my stories where I say which of the characters you're most like based on your/their zodiac sign! This will be based off of the characters personalities, and of course, I'll only be doing their sun signs here, so it won't be a full birth chart for each of them, but it's something interesting I thought might be cool to see!

So if you're at all curious, just read till the very end to see which of the characters from this story you're most like based on the zodiac signs! And without further ado (since there's been quite a bit of that), here's the next chapter!

***

"I could kill you right about now Kaylee."

How many times had it been now that I'd somehow managed to get myself on Akshana's bad side? I'd lost count. But I didn't doubt her at all when she said that.

"And as for you, Asher," She turned around slowly, her long dress skimming the ground. "I'm even more disappointed in you."

Wait, what?

"What did she-"

"Don't you dare open your mouth!" Akshana shot me down before I could even finish my sentence with a stare that turned my blood cold. "I have been lenient to the point of sheer neglect with you Kaylee, I realize that now. Perhaps out of bias, or because I saw your potential. At this point, I don't give a damn about the why of it. Your free ride ends here Miss Meyers."

"Asher, I would've expected something like this from Kaylee. But this...this blatant disregard for the safety of your students, not to mention defiance of authority-"

"I never meant to-"

"You may not interrupt me either Asher. As far as I'm concerned, you are on the same page as Kaylee as of now. As I was saying. I don't know what thought possessed your mind that made you believe it was a good idea to do what you did, but I hope that whatever you were trying to do you accomplished, because now you'll be facing the consequences as well."

I had no clue what it was Asher had done to make Akshana so mad. Yeah, she waited until the last minute to step in, but the way Akshana was talking she made it sound as if Asher had deliberately done something aside from that. What? Stand there and watch us? I was confused, but I knew asking would only get me in more trouble.

"As punishment for both of you, you're being quarantined. Together."

Asher stood up so fast that her chair almost toppled to the ground, but she didn't seem to notice. She opened her mouth to protest, but Akshana cocked a slim brow as if to tell her to tread lightly. Asher swallowed and sat back down before starting carefully.

"What do you mean by quarantined...ma'am?" She added on the nicety as an afterthought.

Pleased enough to refrain from physically attacking either of us Akshana gave Asher a slight nod.

"Of course, as much as I may want to, I recognize that literally quarantining you two is unrealistic at this point. Despite her complete lack of control and her perpetual erratic behavior, Kaylee does posses quite a potent amount of raw power and talent, and I simply can't afford to not have her in the field with the other teens."