Talking with Raynare

Upon entering Raynare's room, the young demigod was cast into darkness. Glancing around, it was to dark to see Raynare, however, using his abilities he could feel her. Judging by the restful state of her blood in her body, he could tell she was sitting down somewhere.

'Hm, I can't see her, but I can feel her blood rushing through her body. Given how close it feels, I think she's on the bed.' Percy thought to himself. Walking over to the bed, he managed to briefly, barely make out a human shape on the bed, sitting, huddled in a corner.

Raynare was sitting on the bed, her legs held up and against her chest, a blanket draped over her, while she stared at the wall, not seeing anything in front of her.

'I failed you, Percy. I have failed you. I called myself your big sister, it was my job to look after you and protect you, and I failed.' she thought to herself miserably.

Percy walked over to the young fallen angel, who was in the body of well developed teenager. He placed one hand on her chin, and tilted her head up towards him, and spoke to her, "Are you okay? Sorry for making you worry, but I am back now, and I don't plan on disappearing again."

Hearing the voice coming from in front of her, and seeing the bright sea green eyes of her little brother, Raynare broke down. "I was supposed to look after you. I am your older sister, everyone knows it's the older sibling's job to watch over and guide the younger ones! I failed you, and the worst part about it all, is that I didn't even do anything to stop it, nor did I find you! Actually, perhaps the worst part of the whole ordeal, is that your mom doesn't blame me, when by all accounts, she should hate me! She should throw me out of her house, and hunt me down! Though I do think your father is upset with me." Tears cascaded down her face, pooling down, from her beautiful amethyst orbs, marring her otherwise gorgeous face.

"Raynare, you, just like any other emotional and living being, are not above making mistakes or small errors in judgment. I know I make mistakes, I can guarantee I will always make mistakes, even years down the road. For example, I shouldn't have just blindly gone into the room in which I clearly sensed danger and power from. What exactly were you supposed to do to protect me? You can't protect me from everything, and to tell the truth, life is the greatest teacher, every lesson we have to learn, we will learn from life itself. How did you fail me? There was magic stronger than any of us there. If you had gone with me, who knows what could have happened? Maybe you could have been hurt or even worse? I would never have forgiven myself if something had happened to you, and I was the cause of it.

Mom is a very understanding and forgiving person, she would never hate or abandoned you, though I do have to admit I find it kind of weird that she sees you like a daughter, considering you're much older than her." he spoke to her.

Searching his eyes, and listening to him speak, she could see and feel the sincerity just pouring out of him. She then just happened to recall what he had said, in regards to feeling about her. Letting out a small, somewhat mischievous smirk, she asked him, "Oh? And just what is it that you feel about me, that it would cause you such discomfort, if something bad or harmful were to happen to me? Hm? Care to tell me, little brother?" her last words were said with a purr, one that caused the growing demigod to experience a shiver going down his back, it wasn't a bad shiver, but rather one of anticipation, and some hunger.

"Well..." he trailed off, swallowing down his nervousness, he saw the smirk on her face, and felt himself losing more of his courage and confidence in telling her the truth, but upon glimpsing into her eyes, he noticed a look of hope inside their depths. 'Fuck it, between the dreams and the prophecy, I don't want to spend my life reflecting on what ifs. I refuse to let my fate be that of a wimp who is to afraid of going after what I want.' his heart and brain were at war with one another, eventually his heart won out.

"I like you Raynare. I like you a lot, more than a brother should, actually I am not even sure if I like you as a brother should in the slightest. My heart beats rapidly when I am near you, or when I think of you. The idea of you being around other guys causes me pain and discomfort, at least it does when I see other guys looking at you with a look of hunger on their faces, and lust in their eyes when they gaze upon you, mom, or Kalawarner. The thought of one of them dating any of you women, makes me hurt, and upset. I don't know if this is love, because I am not sure if it is possible to fall in love so young, or so quick, but I can say I think it's more than just a silly little crush. I suppose I should get to the point, here's what I am asking, Raynare, will you go out with me?" Percy spilled his heart out to the attractive woman.

Raynare felt her eyes widen, whatever she was expecting, clearly was not this. 'My little brother likes me? He wants to date me?! What the hell do I say?! I want to say yes, but is that the right thing to do? What would Kalawarner say? What about Poseidon himself?! The sea god is not someone you want as an enemy, not to mention all of the other targets I would be painting on our backs, if I went through with this. The most important aspects of this potential coupling of ours, however, lie in how would this effect our relationships with one another should this not work out? What would Sally think or feel about this?! It doesn't help matters, that I feel the same way he does, I like him to, and I desperately do want to say yes, but those other factors still remain. What do I do?!'

After what felt like an eternity, she opened her mouth, and finally answered with.

There's a wrap.

So what should Raynare's answer be? I know what I want to do, but I will leave all of you to guess, ;)

What are the other targets that Raynare is talking about? Why would they be targeting any of them?

Feel free to ask something or leave a comment, about anything or everything in the fic, over women choices, powers, etc. I will answer anything as long as it's at least polite and civil.

Also, for the record, Percy is now thirteen, so while kind of young, I don't really feel like him wanting to date Raynare, or finding her or any other women, especially the two others he lives with as attractive is to far fetched. After all, as a demigod, I feel like his god part of his being, should be more active in some cases, well all cases actually, except for aging.