Chapter 14

"Promise me that you would write regularly!" Poppy begged Emma, as they were still hugging at the station.

"I promise." she inhaled the girl's shampoo. "Have you put my gift away?"

"Yes, they are loading it on the train right now, see?" Emma pointed at the rectangle shaped package. "You can only open it when you are alone, Miss Emma!" Poppy looked serious into her eyes, making Emma roll hers.

"Yeah, I know the rules, you already told them." giving the girl another squeeze she finally let go of her, to Ann's utter relief.

Viola stepped forward offering her hand. "I am glad you stayed with us for such a long period, Miss Armstrong." they were back at surnames.

"Likewise, Miss Payne." she nodded at Ann, who was not willing to participate in the goodbye.

"Goodbye." she smiled at Felix gratefully, as he helped her, she founded her seat right next to the window. Taking off her hat, she glanced at her luggage, looking for a particular gift, which she quickly founded placed next to the wall.

Smiling to herself, she slid the window down as the train started moving.

She waved goodbye, tears starting to form in her eyes as she saw Poppy crying and waving at the same time. She was jumping up and down so Emma could see her easily, standing between the two women guarding her from any unwanted attention the men were giving her.

As the black-haired girl became smaller and smaller, until she fully disappeared, Emma slumped down on her seat sobbing quietly.

Thinking about her gift, she carefully unwrapped it, her breath hitching, when she saw what lay beneath the silky paper wrap.

"Oh, Poppy!" she gasped.

Not gonna lie, I kind of had a few tears flowing down my cheeks, while writing this extra short chapter.