EPILOGUE

Author's Note: This is it, pancit! Salamat sa pag-aabang at pagbabasa. Wala talaga akong planong pahabain pa ang kwentong ito.

                     ISAAC RYLE SANDOVAL

I stared at my reflection on the mirror , trying to practice my smile. Pinasadahan ko ang suot kong tuxedo.

Today is her wedding day. Dumating na ang araw na papakasalan niya ang lalakeng mahal niya.

I guess I was too late.

Buti nga nakatanggap ako ng invitation card. Good thing she didn't forget me.

I arrived at the venue, one hour early. I want to talk to her. Maybe a closure?

I knocked on the door and I heard her shout, telling me to come in.

I smiled an opened the door.

Bumungad sa akin ang napakaganda niyang mukha. She was dressed beautiful in white. She was seating on the sofa, while her makeup artist was putting her lipstick.

Nang matapos ay sinabihan niya ang makeup artist na lumabas muna saglit.

I smiled and walked towards her. Umupo ako sa harapan niya. I heard she's an architect. Nag-iba siya ng kurso dahil iyon talaga ang gusto niya.

Five years ago when we broke up, she left the country.

"Are you happy?" panimula ko.

She smiled, happiness was very visible in his eyes.

"Sobra."

I'm glad. As long as she's happy.

"I.." I mumbled. "I just want to say sorry for hurting you five years ago.."

Kung sa ibang pagkakataon ay sasabihin kong mahal ko siya. Na minahal ko siya nang nawala siya.

Na nagsisisi ako sa nagawa ko. Totoo nga talaga ang sinabi nilang saka mo lang makikita ang halaga ng isang tao kapag nawala na.

Pero ngayon, hindi ko na pwedeng sabihin. She's happy and inlove. I guess there's just some words that don't need to be said.

"Naiintindihan ko," malumanay niyang sagot. "Tanggap kong hanggang doon nalang tayo. At least, I learned to love. Naranasan kong magmahal at masaktan. I learned many lessons from the past."

I bit my lip to stop my tears from falling. Ryle, siya ang ikakasal, hindi ikaw!

I caressed her cheeks. Her eyes met mine and I tried my hardest to remember them, because I know after today, I'd never see her again.

"Do you regret meeting me?" I asked and stared at her face.

She smiled. "Just because we didn't work out doesn't mean you weren't the best thing that ever happened to me. Because you were."

"We were bound to fall apart at some point," she said. "I missed you a little, sometimes. It was so good while it lasted."

"But all good things must come to an end right?" she asked and I nodded.

"I love you. I really do."

Finally, after many years, I was able to tell her that I love her.

She smiled. "You don't. You just loved the fact that I loved you."

A tear fell from my eye and I immediately wiped it.

I stood up and she stood up to.

I cleared my throat. "So, I guess this is goodbye?" I chuckled.

She smiled. She always smiles. Her smile would reach her eyes and I knew that she was so happy and I don't want to ruin it.

I extended my hand.

"Congratulations, Atchitect Fortuega.

She smiled as she held my hand.

"Thank you, Engineer Sandoval."

I turned my back on her. I was about to take a step when she called my name.

"Ryle.."

"Hmm?"

"In our next life, I'll always choose to fall in love with you," she muttered.

I smiled. "In our next life, find me then."

"I will," she said. "Until then, live well."