Chapter 4-Kate

Chapter 4: Kate

Kate was having a great day.

She had thought it was going to be a boring normal day when she woke up. And it had been until Zud dragged her along to gather flowers, telling her about Lookumz' and Frost's crazy idea.

A/N: I just realized that I confused the Camp Minecraft magic with the magic from the mod with ray of purification. My bad.

Thinking about it, Kate realized that Lookumz probably led Zud and Kate to that forest on purpose. He always claimed to be some sort of future seer, and Kate wouldn't believe him, but his predictions were almost always right.

As they continued to walk, Kate looked back to the people she and Zud had run into. Kate had originally worried that Zud's aggressiveness might've ruined their chance of making good first impressions, but it had turned out alright.

After talking with Sigils, -who seemed to be the group's ringleader- Kate had learned the newcomer's names. Sigils, Nico, Gold, Jerome, Ambrew, Karan, and Henwy. Kate looked at the blonde man, but he was too deep in his own thoughts to notice.

From what Kate could tell, Henwy was a strange man. Sigils had warned Kate of him, but Henwy didn't seem that bad. But Sigils hadn't exactly explained what he had done. The group had stayed in silence for the entire trip, and there was obviously a large amount of tension running between them.

As they approached the town Kate resided in, she saw Frost running up the hill to greet them. "Hey guys!" He called up to them. "How'd the flower hunting go?"

Zud sighed. "Well, we got the flowers, but that wasn't all we picked up."

"What?"

Kate gestured to the people following behind them.

Sigils waved. "Hey."

Frost pulled Kate towards him. "Who are they?"

Kate shrugged. "Me and Zud ran into them in the forest. They say their time machine crash-landed here."

"Do you think they plan on staying here?"

"Maybe? I haven't asked."

Frost face-palmed. "Then go do that first."

Kate headed back up the hill, where Zud and Sigils were talking.

"Hey! Zud! Sigils!" Kate called. "Get down here!"

"What do you need?" Sigils asked when he and Zud had climbed down the hill.

"Frost just wants to know if you all plan on staying in our town." Kate said

"Um... maybe? I'll have to ask the others, but I'd certainly be down to stay here."

Zud looked at Sigils. "I think it could liven up the town."

"Yeah, I bet it would-"

"But, you being here is asking for the town to be destroyed."

Kate was confused. "...what?"

Sigils sighed. "I was explaining our history to Zud, and there is a fair amount of... uh..."

"Destruction?"

"yeah."

Kate turned to Sigils. "So, is that a yes, or.."

Sigils nodded.

"I need to ask everybody else, but personally, I'd be down to live here."

Kate decided to follow Sigils as he went to ask his group, in hope of seeing how they all interact.

As they walked up the hill, Kate could hear parts of a conversation. Something about the Ender Dragon, time machines, and other things that somehow made even less sense. But, as they got closer, Kate could make out more of the words. "Stop trying to deflect the blame!" A man, who Kate hadn't heard the voice of before, shouted."I'M not the one deflecting blame!" That was Henwy.

"You're pushing Gold under just to keep your own dignity!"

"Gold taught me how to hatch the egg! So it's. His. Fault."

"Gold is better than you ever were!"

"How bout you say that to my face-"

Sigils cleared his throat, causing Henwy and the other man to jump.

"If you're both done squabbling like children, I've got a question to ask." Sigils snarled. The man whose voice Kate didn't recognize -who she realized was Karan, now that she could see his face- seemed to lose all the fight in him at Sigils' remark. Henwy, however, seemed to just be even more riled up then before. Sigils glared at him. Henwy glared back.

"Anyways," Kate started before a fight could be engaged. "Me and Sigils came to ask if you guys wanted to stay in our town."

"...oh. Sure."

Despite herself, Kate smiled. She was overjoyed at the prospect of having more people to get to know. She just hoped that there wouldn't be as much destruction as Zud seemed to believe.