Chapter 12b-Nico

A/N: f o u r

Swift I'm coming for the record

I just have to post one more chapter and it'll be mine

>:]

Chapter 12b: Nico

Nico carefully slid the last glass pane into place. He and Ambrew had been helping Alxton build his house. They had spent the whole day working, but the payout was worth it. Alex came around the corner and inspected Nico's work, turning to smile at him when he finished looking it over.

"Thank you so much," The man-turned-fox said. "I have no clue how I would've finished this all on my own."

"Don't mention it. It was the least I could do to help out. Now how about we go check up on Ambrew?"

The duo walked the perimeter of the house, but didn't find Ambrew anywhere. As they looked around they noticed a trail of footsteps heading off into the forest.

"Of course," Nico groaned. "Of course he'd run off."

He started to follow the trail, Alxton close behind him. It went on around twenty minutes, before stopping near a thicket of berry bushes. Ambrew burst out of the nearest bush, causing Nico to jump back. The masked man laughed as he fully got out of the bush, brushing a thorn of his pants. "There you two are! I was wondering what was taking you so long."

"What was taking us so long? You're the one who ran off to collect berries at night!"

Ambrew laughed again. "True, true. Speaking of, do you guys want any of these berries? They're actually pretty good."

"I'll pass, thanks," Alex said from his place behind Nico. "I can find myself a chicken or something later."

"Alright. How about you Nico?"

"Sure, why not?"

Ambrew passed Nico three berries. Nico briefly inspected one of them before eating it. It was definitely not ripe. Nico spit it out and turned back to glare at Ambrew, who was trying to contain his laughter.

"You cannot seriously think those taste good." Nico said, wishing he had water to get the sour taste out of his mouth.

"No, you're right, I don't. I just wanted to see if you wisened up after the last time I pulled that trick."

"Screw you."

"Your fault for forgetting. Besides, doesn't this feel just like the old days?"

"...Yeah, it does. You still suck for that though!"

"It was funny and you know it!"

"Let's just go home."

A/N: Probably the worst of the chapters i wrote today 

but like

Butterscotch Trio shenanigans