Easy Talks

Tommy stretched his sore arms and legs after he woke up to the sound of eruptively loud shouting and shuffling of footsteps outside his room. Tommy twitched his face, a look of annoyance and disturbance across his face.
"What is that noise..?" Tommy thought, grimacing at his disturbed sleep.
He slowly opened the door to see Eryn pacing back and forth hesitantly as if he wanted to say something with many servants and maids running past him.
"Eryn? What's happening?" Tommy asked, confusion rising, replaced with the feeling of fear of getting left out on information.
"Prince Theseus! I was just hesitating to inform you on a big event that's taking place at this moment," Eryn slowly said, taking a small bow.
"Event? Now?" Tommy murmured, sleep still drowsily hanging around his mind.
"Yes, sir. Prince Dream has arrived," Eryn said.
His words struck fire and a crashing storm into Tommy at the same time. Dream. The crowned prince of Masked empire arrived?!? For what business? Last time Tommy had remembered, he had not missed any letters of informations nor was there a big event involving him this day.
"His majesty's brother, Foolish, had come as well," Eryn continued, words putting way too much stress onto Tommy's shoulders.
"Wha- why?!?" Tommy shouted, his hands gripping tightly on his night pants.
"I-I don't know, sir. He came half way through the morning, just before it hit 7am," Eryn said.
Tommy did a swift glance at the clock where it had already ticked to 9am.
"Oh sh1t, I have to go greet them!" Tommy yelped, running back into his room to change and look formally well.
Eryn just did a nod or something like that as Tommy already sprinted into his bathroom, rushing to hurry himself up.

Tommy hurried down the corridors, passing many servants who look just as confused and hurried as himself, all not ready to see such a grand surprise right before the summer festivals even began. Tommy took no notice to anyone and continued to make his way toward the main entrance, wandering if either of them would still be there.
"Prince Theseus.." he heard a voice say in front of him.
Tommy looked closely and spot prince Foolish seated well in one of the pretty sofas placed right near the fireplace.
"Prince Foolish! It's a great pleasure to have you hear in our kingdom. Do you have any business to attend with us on this beautiful day since you came this far to meet us?" Tommy said, taking a bow before him.
"Ah, no. Not really. My brother, Dream just wanted to look around your palace, that's all. I came and followed just for his safety," Foolish declared taking a bow for respect as well.
"Oh..that's very thoughtful of you. May I know where prince Dream is?" Tommy asked, glancing around their surroundings.
"He went on a tour with prince Wilbur," Foolish said sweetly, pointing towards the direction of where they went.
"Thank you very much. Anyone would be willing to acquaint you at any time. I hope we can talk more in the upcoming hour. Have a nice time, prince Foolish, Tommy said, and with a swift turn, he walked off towards the direction of where Foolish has pointed him to.

Tommy continued his way around his palace, peering into each room to check if they were in there, but there was no luck. As Tommy started to give up, he heard murmuring coming from the right turn just up ahead. Tommy curiously crept up to who was there and took a glance. There Wilbur and Dream were. Wilbur was trying to show Dream the painting on the wall. It was a vivid painting of flowers, beautiful petals catching the eye of passengers.
"But it's your castle, prince Wilbur," Dream said, putting his weight on his back leg and placing one hand lightly on his mask, adjusting it.
There was a disturbing silence before Wilbur replied back, "Well, I don't know everything here. Who has the time to study everything when you have so much hard work. I've been planning for the summer festivals really hard," Wilbur gleamed, Tommy immediately winced at how fake he sounded.
"Oh, I bet prince Theseus can do both," Dream declared before walking on as of continuing the tour by himself.
Wilbur froze, eyes flickering with disbelief and rage.
"What makes you think my little brother can handle all that?" Wilbur forward out, taking several steps to where he stood close to Dream.
"Hum, he is the crowned prince after all. Why won't I assume he does many things?" Dream asked, his tone also filled with venom, yet the words were just pure curiosity and a true statement.
Dream was using that same tactic Wilbur uses. Sugarcoating his words.