4, Narrowed Options

Bagheera moved to face the wolf. "I don't think so."

  "Oh don't be boring, Bagheera," the wolf gave a grin. "Come on, we were just having fun, we're we, pup?" It fixated its attention on Kuta. Bagheera didn't budge, casting the wolf a glare.

"Right-" he was cut off by Kuta pawing at his arm. He glanced down, Kuta's back almost touched the pather's chest, and he stepped out from beneath him.

"They're hurting Hatari, they're going to kill her. You have to find her," the pup spoke quietly, flickering the wolf a nervous glance every so often.

"Where is Hatari?" He growled, threateningly stepping towards the wolf. It took a step back.

"I don't know what you're talking about, seriously." It shook its head.

"Go to the pack, say I sent you, they will look after you. Don't leave until I come and find you." Bagheera nudged the pup on, who hesitantly did as told.

"Promise you'll find her?" Kuta asked meekly.

"Yes, yes. I promise. Now run along." Kuta left, and Bagheera remained facing the wolf.

  Hatari panted heavily, stumbling to keep her stand. One of the wolves lay still. Alive or dead? She didn't know. Nor care, for that matter. The other two stood panting, blood dripping from numerous wounds. One of them looked on the verge of collapsing, or bolting. She couldn't tell. Likely both.

"Are we done?" She seethed, baring her bloody fangs.

The first wolf that had been there breathed an amused chuckle. "Why? Tired?" It too was panting, regaining a little of its stamina. Giving a deep growl, it ran back at her, followed by the other wolf.

They were engaged in a bloody brawl, until on of the wolves were torn from her back with a loud yelp. The panther gave a roar, clawing at it's backside as it scrambled away. The other wolf followed suit, not before giving them both a snarl and glare.

"W-What are you doing here?" She stumbled over her words, breathing raggedly. "I-I have to find Kuta," she walked past him at a slow pace, wincing. After scaring it out of the wolf, Bagheera eventually got a rough location of where to find her, and what'd happened.

He quickened his pace to walk beside her, "he's safe. Kuta's unharmed, just shaken up." She glanced up at him. "He found me leaving for a hunt, I promised him I'd find you."

"Where is he? There was a wolf after him." She kept going onwards.

"He's with Akela's pack. And I dealt with the wolf." He stopped just ahead as she slowed even more, lowering her head. "You need to rest, you can't go on like that. You'll collapse."

"I'm fine, I have to." She shook her head adamantly.

The pair walked in silence a little longer, before Hatari stopped again, looking slightly drowsy. "You... alright?" Bagheera raised a brow.

"I'm just going to, lie down f-for a second," she huffed, dropping to her paws against a tree.
She didn't even know bagheera. He could kill her in her sleep, god knows, maybe he even killed Kuta? No, that's absurd. She didn't know why she felt she could trust him already, though it wasn't like she had a vast choice of options under current circumstances.

Bagheera eyed her cautiously, remaining standing ahead.  He glanced over the female, who looked as if she were about to fall unconscious.

A little time had passed, before she spoke again. "Help me up?" Bagheera watched her for a second, before standing with a curt nod.

"Of course." The panther moved besides Hatari, placing his head beneath her neck. She stood, leaning her weight on him.

"Kuta," she mumbled, advancing forward once more in a fast walk. Bagheera was momentarily left dumbstruck, before he hurried to catch her up.

A/n
To be continued

And I've finally titled the book, hurrah