6, Tree Climbing Wolves

(i just realised i left you guys on a terrible cliff hanger😭👍 not that anyone really cares but sorry lmaoo)

"I wish to ask you something,"

"Hm?" Bagheera glanced at her, curiously.

"Do you think me and Kuta could, hang around a while? You know, we'd move on eventually, but for-" she was cut off by his answer.

"Yeah." He was surprised by the query, but glad nonetheless. "Yeah. Of course."

"Thanks, Bagheera." The pair exchanged smiles.

"Do you always sleep on the ground?" Hatari glanced up at bagheera, who had settled in a tree above where Kuta and Hatari laid. The sky was now dark, the only light being the moon peering out behind the clouds. The forest canopy blocked out it's gentle hues, leaving it dark and breezy.

"Well, wolves aren't exactly known for their tree climbing skills," Hatari glanced at Kuta, who was sounds asleep besides her, "so, yeah. I guess." She gave a light chuckle.

The group had strayed a little further into the territory, and were currently settling down for a rest. Bagheera leapt down the tree, laying down besides them.

Sleep quickly overtook them.

As the sun rose, Hatari woke up. Lifting her head, she gave a long yawn. Kuta was splayed out on his side nest to her, still asleep. She glanced around with a frown, Bagheera wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Rising to her paws, Hatari nudged Kuta lightly and he lifted his head with a yawn.
"Morning, Kuta." Hatari wandered around him.

"Morning, Tari," he replied drowsily.

"I'm going to find us something to eat, alright? Stay put. I won't be long." She trailed away as he nodded. She was a little anxious about leaving him after what'd happened, but Bagheera wasn't anywhere to be seen and she was hungry.

Bagheera returned to where he'd left the pair, to find Kuta digging up the dirt. "Kuta," he greeted, dropping the prey he'd caught; a boar piglet. "Here."

"Really? Thanks!" The pup wagged his tail excitedly, running over to him. "Hatari went out hunting, too."

"Oh? Alright." The panther settled comfortably out of the shade of the tree and in the sun.

Hatari padded back towards where she'd left Kuta with a dainty antelope dragging from her jaws. Both eyes glanced up at her as she approached. "Oh, you're back." She dropped the prey between the pair.

Bagheera glanced at her, somewhat blankly. Hatari slumped down in front of the two, her jaws parting in a yawn.

"We should get back to the pack before dark. The wolves that attacked you may be causing trouble," the male feline spoke.

"Can we go now?" Kuta asked, wavering energetically on his paws.

Bagheera glanced to Hatari for an answer, who eventually replied, "Oh. Okay."

As the trio wandered back, Hatari leading with Kuta on her tail and Bagheera behind them both, Hatari suddenly halted, Kuta walking straight into her back legs. Sniffing the air, she hummed amusedly at the familiar scent. "It's your man cub," she spoke softly, glancing over her shoulder at Bagheera, who caught her up.

As they continued, they came across said mancub and a young wolf bounding around in a clearing. Glanced were exchanged between them all. "Bagheera!" Cried the mancub, running over. Bagheera breathed a light chuckle as the cub greeted him.

"Nothing happened while I was away?" At the question Mowgli shook his head and Bagheera sighed in relief.

Meanwhile, Kuta greeted the other wolf who had been playing with Mowgli. He hadn't seen a wolf his age in a very long time.

Bagheera walked ahead as they stepped onto the wolves den sites, Hatari stood flanking him, though didn't move when Bagheera took a step forward to greet Akela. Kuta now hovered besides her.

"Hatari," The large canine greeted, a friendly tone of voice. He stood with a tall, confident posture that seemed to come naturally.

Hatari dipped her head. "Akela, pleasure." The wolf's eyes trailed over her for a short moment, as if to scan for any signs the cat would be a threat.

"May i have a word?" Bagheera met the wolf's gaze, exchanging nods.